3-5 years of practical experience in a similar role, preferably in an international organisation.
- Minimum Qualification: Bachelor
- Experience Level: Mid level
- Experience Length: 3 years
Reporting to : Finance Director
Supervise : Procurement & Stores Officers & Assistants
Liaises with : All Heads of Department and Projects
The purpose of the role
Reporting to the Finance Director, the Procurement & Stores Supervisor will act as a liaison between the Procurement & Stores teams and will ensure that policies, procedures, and processes are followed by all departments as they interact with these functions. This role will directly supervise the Procurement Officer and Stores Officers and assistants.
The remit for this role focuses on one key area:
Responsible for supervision of procurement & Stores department staff and processes in order to ensure that quality services are offered to departments and that goods and services required for KCH operations are procured, stored and made available when needed. The role will also ensure that procedures and policies are adhered to and that any issues that arise are raised with the Finance Director and are resolved.
• Supervise the daily activities of the Procurement officer.
• With use of the budget, plan with the department heads on a monthly basis for their supply needs and follow up to ensure that supplies are procured in time.
• Provide a monthly report to the procurement committee on procurement status and performance of suppliers with details on their ability to supply goods / services on time and required quality.
• Monitor price changes of goods and services and advise the procurement committee on a monthly basis.
• Review all procurement documentation for completeness before submitting to finance for payment
• Monitor activities of the procurement officer to ensure that laid down procedures are followed.
2. Stores Management:
• Supervise the daily activities of the Stores officers.
• Supervise the monthly stock count process and provide a stock count report at the end of the month.
• Work with stores officers to monitor usage of supplies in order to ensure no stock outs and to identify and investigate major changes in usage.
• Supervise stores officers in the receiving and issuing process to ensure that the goods are checked for quality, are counted and that the relevant documentation is completed.
• Supervise the stores officers to ensure that issues from stores and receipts from stores are posted on a daily basis into quickbooks.
• Supervise stores to ensure that storage areas are clean and pest free. Any pests identified in food areas should be reported.
3. Asset Management
• Be the focal person for maintaining the AWC asset register.
• Follow up to ensure purchased assets, furniture, fittings are added to the register and assigned a number (tagged).
• Follow up to ensure that movements of assets from one location to another are tracked and updated on the register.
• Follow up to ensure that damaged / broken assets / assets taken out of use are tracked and updated on the register.
• Organise and perform the annual asset & inventory count each year as per the SOP.
• Provide a report to management on the annual asset & inventory count.
Applications will be accepted from persons with relevant experience in procurement and stores supervision.
Essential Skills & Experience
• Analytical and conceptual skills to plan project budgets, timetable agreed activities and oversee staff activities.
• Advanced computer skills, including familiarity with Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Advanced and well-developed inter-personal skills.
• Good team player, flexible and capable of working with a multinational country team.
• A practical, pragmatic person able to exercise initiative and sound judgement, who will work at every level to get the job done
• Strong team leader, capable of managing a team in a dynamic environment.
• A solution orientated person.
• Attention to detail particularly relating to figures and facts.
• 3-5 years of practical experience in a similar role, preferably in an international organisation.
• Experience of developing, monitoring and reporting against agreed program plans.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.