Product Design Manager
Software & Data
You've got hands-on experience with developer tools - either as a user or a designer/design leader
- Minimum Qualification:Unspecified
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:3 years
What you can expect in a Product Design Manager role at GitLab:
- You'll advocate for good product design practices, ensure the visibility of product design across functions, create space for collaboration, and develop a deep level of subject matter expertise in the product areas your reports are operating in.
- You'll work with your direct reports to build out a UX strategy for code review, remote development, and source code management that aligns with our mission, vision, strategy.
- You'll approach management in a way that is informed by our view on what is required of a Manager at GitLab. We default to asynchronous communication, so your management style will need to work in the context of our all-remote, global team.
- You'll collaborate with our RD Leadership team to manage OKRs for our product design practice. These OKRs will shape your team's process, define your responsibilities as a manager, and feed into the responsibilities of your direct reports while enabling our company to meet its goals.
- You'll play a key part in the evolution of our design culture and drive initiatives that enable Product Designers to achieve greater results.
- You'll champion the importance of participation in critiques, content creation, and speaking engagements.
- You'll foster a safe space for your team, where they're comfortable sharing feedback and advocating for change they see as necessary.
- You'll play a big part in hiring a team of world-class Product Designers. You'll need to be highly engaged in the recruiting process as we scale our global team.
- You'll work with cross-functional partners to identify and remedy pain points in our product development process, ensuring effective collaboration with our Product, Development, and Quality counterparts.
You should apply if:
- You've got, at minimum, a few years of experience managing Product or UX design teams of 3+ direct reports. Alternatively, you're able to demonstrate leadership skills and experiences impacting design quality across multiple teams.
- You've got hands-on experience with developer tools - either as a user or a designer/design leader. You understand how developers work in different environments (UI, IDE, CLI, etc...) and your experience will enable you to develop strong opinions on what users need.
- Your knowledge, vision, and experience will enable you to play a key role in shaping the next evolution of developer tooling.
- You enjoy advocating for user research and usability testing, and you continually look to improve your team's user research and usability testing abilities.
- You want to manage a team that is designing a complex product with cross-functional users and continually evolving needs.
- You understand frontend code, Git, and the limitations of frontend technology. You are comfortable with Git-based workflows and bring experience with the command-line.
- You're comfortable with design reviews and occasionally being hands-on with design tools such as Figma.
- Mentoring, leading, and growing your team is truly motivating to you.
- Our values of collaboration, results, efficiency, diversity, iteration, and transparency resonate with you.
- You'll thrive in an environment where self-learning and self-service are encouraged and instilled as a part of our culture
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
Get Insured through mTek Services
You can explore medical and personal accident insurance covers conveniently. Compare pricing from various insurance companies, save, and budgetGet Insured