Shift In-charge - Kiambu
NGORONGO TEA FACTORY LIMITED
Engineering & Technology
Reporting to the Production Manager, the shift in charge will be responsible for overseeing daily operations of the tea manufacturing process during the designated shifts to ensure high quality of made tea.
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:3 years
Job Title: Shift In-charge
Supervisor/Manager Title: Production Manager
Grade: NTF – M2
Direct Reports: Factory Supervisors
Indirect Reports: General Workers
Reporting to the Production Manager, the shift in charge will be responsible for overseeing daily operations of the tea manufacturing process during the designated shifts to ensure high quality of made tea. They will be supervising, administering and managing staff and operations within the Factory floor, including but not limited to receipt of green leaf, withering of received leaf, the CTC, the CFU, the Drier, packing and sorting processes and dispatch of made tea.
- Leading a manufacturing shift in production of good quality made tea by overseeing quality green leaf reception, withering, cutting, fermenting, drying, sorting, packing and boilers as per the standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Implementing the factory operation policies and procedures to ensure achievement of desired quality.
- Spearheading utilization of machines and equipment to realize efficiency targets including factory throughput, electricity consumption, firewood consumption and Overall line effectiveness (OLE).
- Ensuring the health and safety standards, policies and procedures are adhered to, to guarantee a safe working environment.
- Implementing Food Safety Management System (FSMS) to comply with ISO 22000:2018 Requirement.
- Compiling production data and making periodical management reports on all the operations at the factory as and when needed.
- Maintaining Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPS) and Good Hygienic Practices (GHP) within the production floor.
- Inducting and training newly employed staff and employees on Food Safety, Health and Safety, Rainforest Alliance, Company policies and procedures.
- Ensure on time production of high-quality tea.
- Production planning, organizing production schedules and production monitoring to ensure production of quality tea.
- Allocate and manage labor within the Production line
- Optimization of production costs including energy, labor and employees welfare so as to achieve production targets
- Ensuring minimal waste generation during production by training, implementing, monitoring and evaluating waste generation minimizing activities.
- Quality control of the final product through hourly tea tasting.
- Preparing standard operating procedures in the factory.
- Any other duty as may be lawfully assigned
Competencies and Attributes
- Ability to work as part of a team and take direction accurately.
- Analytical thinker and problem solver.
- Knowledge of proper safety protocol.
- Strong leadership and organizational skills
- Administrative skills.
- Degree or Higher National Diploma in Engineering/Agriculture/Food Science or its equivalent.
- 3 Years’ Experience in Tea Factory Production.
- Good knowledge of ISO 22000-2018, Rainforest Alliance principles and good manufacturing Practices.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
Get Insured through mTek Services
You can explore medical and personal accident insurance covers conveniently. Compare pricing from various insurance companies, save, and budgetGet Insured