Coordinate support and “New Demand” for following technologies within region in offices, factories and for remote working - last mile telecoms infrastructure, mobile telephony, Audio Visual conferencing equipment, any other IT devices not centrally supported including some printers/peripherals/scanners/office room booking terminals etc. It also covers oversight of the movement of laptops/desktops to the few countries in the region not covered by the central IT contract.
Ensure high level of IT service provided in region where not provided by central IT teams, including;
• Taking ownership for managing resolution of Incidents and Requests associated with all in scope technologies using the central IT tool ServiceNow, which will be achieved by;
• Tasking and coordinating site contacts for non-technical tasks, including translating into local language as needed.
• Tasking and coordinating site specific 3rd parties or Upfield technical experts (where they exist, such as Factories) for technical tasks, including translating into local language as needed.
• Liaison with Global Network & EUC Service Owners/teams on regional elements of network & EUC incidents/problems/changes and other tasks as needed where not provided by central IT teams.
• Work with and assist site/regional Workplace leads to oversee provision of agreed non-technical site elements of IT incidents/problems/changes.
• Supplier management (contract, procure, invoices, performance etc) of local 3rd parties to provide technical support for in scope technologies in the region.
• VIP IT support service to VIPs in the region, delivering “white glove” service and liaising with central teams as needed.
Skills and Experience:
• Deskside support of end users – preferably 2nd line.
• BSc/BA in information technology or computer science
• Strong customer management and interpersonal skills
• Strong communication skills including fluent English speaker
• Strong supplier management skills
• Confident / Personable
• General IT support experience in networking, applications, hosting
• Strong problem-solving skills.
• Experience coordinating IT support across several sites/countries
• Experience delivering IT support for VIPs