You will be required to go through the Job Descriptions and market yourself by sending a one-page cover letter about yourself and achievement(s) to date. Other required documents are your CV containing three referees, copy of national I.D. Card, copies of
academic and professional certificates, current certificate of good conduct or prove of application of the same and other testimonials clearly quoting the job reference as the subject header to email@example.com on or before 22nd November 2020 by 6.00 p.m.
NB: The Cover letter, CV and all other documents should be in PDF format and sent as one document.
8. JOB TITLE: Registry Officer: (1 post)
Reporting to the Registry Supervisor, the job holder will ensure that records management is a discipline which utilizes an administrative system to direct and control the creation, version control, distribution, filing, retention, storage and disposal of records, in a way that is administratively and legally sound, whilst at the same time serving the operational needs of Tower SACCO and preserving an adequate historical record.
DUTIES OF A REGISTRY OFFICER
• Design, develop and maintain sound filing systems, business classification schemes and undertake records surveys;
• Set up and review documenting records systems;
• Prepare, scan, reassemble and index documents ready for filing.
• Establish retention and disposal schedules
• Advise on new records management policies, providing a framework to guide the staff in the management of their records and use of Documents Management system.
• Assign record and or date correspondences, loan forms, account opening forms and other forms of incoming as well as outgoing correspondence handled by the registry.
• Locate and isolate outdated or unnecessary records ready for disposition or transfer to the archive according to the Records Management policy guidelines.
• Find, retrieve and disburse information from files in response to phone or physical requests from authorized users.
• Keep complete and accurate records of documents requested, filed or removed, using appropriate physical and electronic registers as well as tracking documents removed from files to ensure that requested files/documents are returned after use for proper storage.
• Ensure compliance with relevant legislation and regulations on confidentiality and Data protection.
• Archive records for past members and preserve corporate memory and heritage.
• Perform general Registry duties such as sorting, preparing members circulars and notices for dispatch, attending to registry related enquiries and ensuring the safety and security of the registry.
• Maintain an updated manual and digital Society’s membership register.
• Train the registry staff and or all the members of staff on new trends in Document Management .
• Any other duty that may be assigned by the Registry Supervisor, Human Resource Manager, C.E.O. or any authorized officer.
1) Good communication and interpersonal skills combined with the ability to work with many different people.
2) Ability to anticipate changing demands for use of information.
3) Excellent research and organizational skills.
4) Commitment to professional development.
5) Knowledge of industry specific software.
6) Good negotiation skills.
7) An analytical mind. 8) Working knowledge of current legislation regarding data protection and freedom of information.
9) Be of exemplary integrity and honest
10) Be decisive and possess quick judgment skills
11) Be able to motivate and mentor a team
12) Be a team player
13) Be proactive and possess initiative
Education: Formal Qualifications
• Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following: Records Management /Information Science / Information Management.
• A Diploma in any of the above coupled with 5 years’ working experience in Records management in a reputable financial institution shall suffice.
• Demonstrable working Knowledge of DMS or, EDMS solutions.
• Possess working knowledge of computerized office applications.
• Diploma in related field. In progress of certification in a relevant field.
• Be between 30-40 years of age.
• KCSE (C Plain) with C (plain) in English
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.