Senior Software Engineer
Software & Data
Continuously ship quality product by writing well organized, testable and high performing code
- Minimum Qualification:Unspecified
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:5 years
Senior Software Engineer, Ruby/Rails
Who We Are
Red Canary was founded to create a world where every organization can make its greatest impact without fear of cyber threats. We’re a cyber security company who protects, supports and empowers organizations to make better security decisions so they can focus on their mission without fear of cyber threats.
The combination of our market-defining technology and expertise prevents breaches every day and sets a new standard for partnership in the industry. We’re united in our commitment to customers and grounded in our values, which earned us a place on the Forbes Best Start-up Employers 2022 list. If our mission resonates with you, let’s talk.
What We Believe In
– Do what’s right for the customer
– Be kind and authentic
– Deliver great quality
– Be relentless
Challenges You Will Solve
The Red Canary engineering team builds and operates the platform and products that deliver unmatched threat detection and response! We process billions of events per day from hundreds of thousands of systems worldwide. Every engineer is empowered to make a difference for our customers with unique opportunities to learn new technology and tackle the hardest problems in cyber security.
You are passionate about applying your technical expertise to quickly ship an MVP based on requirements. You collaborate with your team and seek feedback internally and from customers in order to refine and improve your deliverables. You’re comfortable diving into large and complex Rails applications that serve hundreds of customers. You understand and leverage proven software development patterns, and also recognize when patterns may require improvements or refactoring.
We are searching for a Rails engineer to join us in building the Red Canary platform and its supporting products. We continuously push product enhancements to production, so on day one you will be making security better for a large number of organizations. Our customers depend on us 24/7 and the software you build makes a meaningful difference to improve their security. In this role you may work remote or hybrid from our Denver office.
What You’ll Do
- Continuously ship quality product by writing well organized, testable and high performing code
- Address system and software bugs, develop product enhancements, and launch new features to scale within a Product Team construct
- Support products and applications that operate in a 24×7 production environment
- Write clear and concise documentation; share knowledge internally and across teams
- Help identify technical risk and mitigation plans
- Collaborate with Product Management and Design teams taking small to medium features from concept to shipping as the sole programmer
What You’ll Bring
- 5+ years of experience shipping high-quality SaaS products and features
- A love to write code and take full ownership of a product or feature from concept to launch
- A high bar when shipping product, going the extra mile to delight our customers
- Experienced with Ruby on Rails (or similar web application technologies) and other common libraries such as RSpec and Sidekiq
- Experience with React, HAML, Redis, Postgres, AWS, Docker or some combination of similar tech
- Architect scalable applications that serves both internal and external users and high-volume background tasks
- Confidence making architectural design decisions that improve scalability & performance
- Software testing skills to ensure we deliver the highest quality products
- Knowledge of operating cloud-based relational databases (Postgres, etc) at scale, including replication, monitoring and optimization, preferred
- Experience in any field in security such as security product development, malware handling or processing, security operations workflows, etc., preferred
- Experience with Go is a plus
Targeted base salary range: $135,000 – $165,000 + bonus eligibility and equity depending on experience.
Why Red Canary?
Red Canary is where people embody our mission to improve security outcomes for all. People work hard to maintain a culture that encourages authenticity in order to do your best work. Our people are driven and committed to finding the best security outcomes, delivering real and actionable answers, and being transparent along the way.
At Red Canary, we offer a very rich benefits program to our full-time team members so they can focus on their families and improving our customers’ security. For a full list of benefits, please review our Benefits Summary:
Individuals seeking employment at Red Canary are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
Get Insured through mTek Services
You can explore medical and personal accident insurance covers conveniently. Compare pricing from various insurance companies, save, and budgetGet Insured