Senior Software Engineer
Software & Data
Participate in all parts of the product development process, like design critiques, code reviews, and cross-functional planning with your team.
- Minimum Qualification:Unspecified
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:3 years
How you’ll add value at Contra
- Contribute to our rapidly growing React and NodeJS codebases (both within our Turborepo powered monorepo and our stand-alone apps) — everything from our web application to our backend GraphQL API, to our internal services that power payments.
- Contribute well-tested, end-to-end TypeScript code. We are big fans of Vitest for unit testing and Playwright for end-to-end testing.
- Craft readable, performant, and scaleable SQL queries and database schemas to solve data modeling problems.
- Help improve our internal design system, codebase architecture, application performance, and Developer Experience.
- Participate in all parts of the product development process, like design critiques, code reviews, and cross-functional planning with your team.
You’ll be successful here if you
- Mission-driven. Our mission truly resonates with you and you would like to be a part of what we are building together at Contra!
- A dedicated team player. You thrive in a collaborative, remote-only environment and you are comfortable with 8 am - 1 pm PST core hours!
- Passionate about learning. Share a genuine curiosity for learning, always eager to pick up new skills. We don’t expect everyone to know everything but you learn quickly!
- Goal oriented. Understand what you need to do in order to achieve your goals without needing all of the bells and whistles.
- Committed to trying. Have the resilience and willingness to try and try again even if you fail after a few attempts!
- Ambitious attitude. You bring a strong work ethic and contagious energy to your team as we work towards our North Star.
- Path Paver. Joining a startup you enjoy taking ownership, building out processes and documentation that might not exist to share with your team members.
- Backend: AlloyDB(PostgreSQL), GraphQL, GraphQL Helix, NodeJS, Redis, Temporal
- Data: Airbyte, DBT, Google BigQuery, Google Colab, Looker
- DevOps: ArgoCD, Docker, GitHub, Google Cloud Platform, Kubernetes
- Frameworks: NextJS
- Frontend: GLSL shaders, React, react-three-fiber, Relay, Stitches, styled-components, Suspense, Three.js
- Languages: Typescript
- Testing: Playwright, Vitest
- Tools: Chromatic, Linear, Mergify, Posthog, Slack, Stream, Turbopack, Turborepo
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
Get Insured through mTek Services
You can explore medical and personal accident insurance covers conveniently. Compare pricing from various insurance companies, save, and budgetGet Insured