BSc Degree or Higher Diploma in a technical field such as Computer Science, Electrical and Electronics Engineering or Telecommunications Engineering
- Minimum Qualification: Bachelor
- Experience Level: Mid level
- Experience Length: 5 years
Gross Salary: Competitive
Our client is a start-up founded by technology enthusiasts with more than 30 years’ experience in the data centre industry across the world. They have recently received their series B funding and are looking at expanding their team. They seek to hire a competent professional Site Engineer whose role entails monitoring of the data centres infrastructure, preventive and corrective maintenance as well as customer implementation and support.
surveillance, performance monitoring, maintenance and repairs of buildings and
· Executes daily surveillance of building and equipment and reports all building and customer defects
· Monitors performance of equipment and installations and co-provides input on power usage and capacity planning. Provides data for input into reports, such as electric meter data
· Provides data for input into reports, such as electric meter data
· Supports in the maintenance and repairs on buildings and equipment in accordance with change requests, Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and Measure of Performance (MOP)
· Co-directs repairs and maintenance executed by external employees and documents the performed activities in accordance with change requests, SLAs and MOP
· Responds to alarms and handles or escalates alarms according to guidelines
· Provides practical direction for external security employees
· Participates in inventory control of supplies
· Makes suggestions for improving the quality and effectiveness of the data centre
Participates in the full continuous (24x7) call-out team and/or shifts
Customer Implementation process
· Acts as a first point of contact for customer deliveries and removals, prepares and plans operational activities and informs the local security team
CIM team with technical support and acts as first point of contact for CIM
questions both internally and externally prior to escalation to CIM
Provide customer service support
· Carries out performance-tuning operations on data centre systems to ensure high level of power availability, and security.
· Supports Sales team in pre-sales technical support
day-to-day client management activities
· Ensures that the data centre is maintained and operational 24/7 by providing daily audits and reporting about the performance level of services
the Data Centre Manager to maintain all data centre standards, procedures,
health and safety, and day to day infrastructure performance issues
· BSc Degree or Higher Diploma in a technical field such as Computer Science, Electrical and Electronics Engineering or Telecommunications Engineering
· 5 years of work experience in IT, Telecom or Electrical and Electronics environment.
· Networking skills
· Cloud computing skills
· Project management
· Analytical thinking; logically and methodically thinks through issues
· Strong attention to detail
· Time management
· Ability to work as part of a team
· Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
of technical requirements and builds for power infrastructures for data centres
and telecommunication/IT equipment
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Site Engineer-IT) by 30th November 2023.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.