Reports to : CEO
Direct reports : None
Department : Social Impact
Social Impact Manager’s role is primarily responsible for the leadership and management of based social performance functions. This includes social impact acceleration, community engagement and delivery of social initiatives / programmes.
The role has a very close interface with the Field teams and marketing contributes to the company's success by primarily ensuring the timely and effective delivery of social impact acceleration, community engagement and social activities.
The position works closely with the Supply Chain, Tech, Finance and Marketing teams business performance functions to ensure community issues are dealt with in a timely and efficient manner.
It also works cross functionally to ensure integrated planning and the timely execution of Social Impact programmes.
● Promoting and tracking the Company’s efforts in keeping to its mission and brand promise through impact content creation for marketing purposes.
● Continuously innovating ways/projects to achieve key mission goals, in order to achieve broader impact in a more cost-effective way.
● Establishing and maintaining relationships with key contacts in strategic partner organizations
● Managing and supporting grants and technical assistance applications and implementation for the organization for impact based initiatives
● Championing SI initiatives/programmes within the organization and its partners
● Acting as the key communications arm of all things social responsibility, both with internal and external stakeholders
● Overseeing the social impact initiatives, programmes and contractors.
● Developing innovative of artisan community capacity building and knowledge sharing/transfer programmes
● Work closely & collaborate with a range of departments to oversee the measurement of social and environmental impact progress
● Work with the value addition team to ensure effective environmental risk management, EMS certification preparation and compliance
● Providing detailed ESG reports to stakeholders including investors and the Board of Directors with respect to the organization's progress
● Detail oriented, organized, efficient and thorough
● Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
● Strong track record in building successful relationships and securing alignment between multiple stakeholders
● Ability to analyse, interpret and present bulk data
● Demonstrated ability to produce effective frameworks, policies and procedures to ensure efficient operations and appropriate impact / risk management
● Excellent presentation skills
● Good team player with the ability to work well in a multicultural environment
● Strong working knowledge of MS Office and G-Suite applications
● Establishes priorities and works with minimal direction
● Self motivated and uses initiative and judgment to attain the best results
Experience and Qualifications
● Familiarity with the social impact sector
● Prior experience of social impact assessment and measurement
● Bachelors degree in social sciences or equivalent
● 4 years’ plus work experience with at least 2 years’ working directly in social impact and implementing social impact programmes
● Knowledge of B Corp requirements and processes, an added advantage