Reports to: Chief Technology Officer
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Dukani Digital is a growing company bursting with innovation, creativity and passion. Dukani is an eCommerce marketplace offering household and general everyday commodities in bulk. For consumers, we're solving the challenge of accessing their preferred brands of consumables by
offering a wide variety of goods at a significantly lower price per unit delivered right to their doorstep, while for manufacturers, we're solving the challenge of marketing and distributing their products to a largely under-served online market
About the Role
The role will be responsible for the smooth running of computer systems and ensuring that users get maximum benefits from them. Individual tasks vary depending on the size and structure of the organisation, but you'll need to:
● To provide first line assistance to users (staff & customers) when they have problems with the platforms
● To help to triage and where possible resolve issues immediately or to log and escalate as appropriate.
● To provide a conduit for two way communication between users and support staff, including champion users, other floor workers, service desk.
● To support and advice on downtime procedures and business continuity to ensure that they are adopted successfully in their allocated local work area.
● To ensure that all system and process issues and incidents are logged and tracked using formal documentation
● Troubleshoot system and network problems, diagnosing and solving hardware or software faults
● To become an effective member of the ‘Floor walking Team’ they will require good communication, diagnostic, system and process knowledge and be adaptable to be assigned to multiple locations.
● Rapidly establish a good working relationship with customers and other professionals, such as engineering teams
● To work with managers and staff from across the community to build the confidence of end users in the new platforms being built and managed in-house.
● To provide a link between the end users and the engineering team enabling the speedy escalation of issues encountered without taking the user away from the workplace.
● To support and reinforce the lessons learned that were taught during end user training.
Skills And Qualifications
● Experience within a large complex organisation.
● Good attention to detail and accuracy.
● Methodical approach to organisation and delivery of tasks
● Ability to work unsupervised and to manage own day to day activities.
● Enthusiasm and positive attitude to work
● Effective verbal and written communication skills
● Ability to explain complex issues to both technical and non technical individuals.
● Able to make judgements involving complex facts or situations, which require the analysis, interpretation and comparison of a range of options
● Good communication skills, both spoken and written.
● Able to produce a range of formal and informal documents and reports.
● Excellent interpersonal skills: ability to deal with different personalities and levels of understanding and to build good working relationships with staff at all levels and from a variety of professional disciplines.
● Influencing and negotiation skills, able to represent new ideas and concepts to anaudience.
Career Growth + Compensation
Dukani Digital invests in building the capacity and skills within our team. We will invest significant time in your career development. We provide constant, actionable feedback delivered through mentorship from the management team.
Because of our rapid growth, we constantly have new roles opening up and opportunities in many functions. This results in fast career growth for those who are ready to take up the challenge.
To apply, please send your portfolio, cover letter and resume quoting the job title as the subject of the email.