Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or a related field. CHRP Certification is an added advantage
- Minimum Qualification: Bachelor
- Experience Level: Mid level
- Experience Length: 3 years
Location: 50% Farm, 50% Nairobi and other VF Sites
Company Name: Victory Farms Limited
Reports to: Talent Acquisition, Learning & Development
Start Date: ASAP
Are you looking for rapid professional development in on of Kenya’s fastest growing companies? Victory Farms is recruiting a Talent Acquisition Lead in Human Resources Department. This is an opportunity to help contribute to the development of an organization that aims to be a sustainable leader in large scale aquaculture production. Professionally, you would be joining a business with ever-growing opportunities and responsibilities, providing a profound exposure to a high-growth business
Talent Acquisition Lead Role:
Sourcing and Talent Pipeline Development
• Prepare job descriptions for new roles and review and update job descriptions for existing roles with the Line Managers to reflect any changes in the job requirements
• Utilize strategic recruitment methods, including job boards, networking platforms and recruitment agencies to identify and attract top talent
• Build and maintain a robust talent pipeline for current and future hiring needs
Candidate Screening and Assessment
• Review resumes and applications to identify qualified candidates
• Prepare interview questions beforehand in liaison with Line Managers
• Prepare and administer pre-employment assessments and Interview Challenges as needed
• Conduct interviews to evaluate candidates’ skills, experience, and cultural fit
• Schedule and coordinate interviews with the Hiring Managers
• Provide guidance and training to interviewers on effective interviewing techniques and best practices
• Ensure a positive and professional candidate experience throughout the recruitment process
• Communicate clearly and consistently with candidates, providing timely updates and feedback
• Drafting offer letters and employment contracts for new hires in a timely manner
• Facilitate quality background checks for all roles.
Onboarding and Integration
• Work closely with the Talent Acquisition Team and Line Managers to facilitate a smooth onboarding process for new hires
• Provide input into the development and implementation of onboarding plans and onboarding material to accelerate the integration of new employees into the organization
Documentation and Reporting
• Maintain interview assessment forms and all other documents that are relevant to the recruitment process accurately, ensuring high levels of confidentiality and the required accessibility
• Provide regular reports and metrics on recruitment activities, including time-to-fill, quality of hires and source effectiveness
• Providing operational support in general human resource operations.
Skills and qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or a related field. CHRP Certification is an added advantage
• Prior experience in recruitment role for at least 3 years and includes recruitment of specialized roles such as Aqua Engineers,
• Excellent IT skills with knowledge of MS Office
• Good interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively.
• Excellent attention to detail, highly organized, can-do attitude and ability to work on own initiative
• Commitment to providing excellent service
Nice to Haves
• You have an analytical mindset and orientation toward measurement, outcomes, continuous improvement, and learning.
• You are detail-oriented and compliance-minded; you enjoy dotting i’s and crossing t’s
• You demonstrate excellent organizational skills show self-motivation, flexibility, and the ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced, energetic environment.
• You are trustworthy in managing sensitive situations and information; you are discrete, professional, and possess excellent judgement.
• Visibility into the world’s fastest growing aquaculture company.
• Ideal for a candidate looking to dive into a mission-oriented Organization.
• The team is committed to the candidate’s success and will provide coaching, mentorship, and unique exposure to people and experiences that come from the most successful leaders in the entrepreneurial community and the social sector.
About Victory Farms
Victory Farms (VF) was established on Lake Victoria in 2016 with both on-shore and off-shore facilities. The head office is in Nairobi, and its Farm site is in Homa Bay County, with distribution across Kenya. VF has since become one of the fastest growing companies in aquaculture globally - in its first eight months of operation, the Company became the largest aquaculture producer in Kenya. Victory Farms aims to become the leading tilapia farm in Africa over the next 5 years while maintaining the highest environmental and social standards; as the most sustainable tilapia farm in the world, adhering to global standards and best practices, and producing affordable, sustainable protein to feed millions of people across Africa. Today, it is the largest commercial aquaculture player in East Africa and operates one of largest hatcheries on the continent.
The Company is continuing to rapidly expand its vertically integrated model: production, processing, and sales & distribution, to keep pace with the rapid growth in demand for protein. To support this, Victory Farms employs world-class technologies, people, and processes to build its model for sustainable protein production on the continent. VF strives for the highest standards in performance, execution, culture, and integrity.
VF’s growth trajectory provides enormous opportunity for excited professionals to uplift their careers and make an impact within a diverse operation. We recognize the utmost importance which contributions by individuals and teams have to the success of Victory Farms. We work to create a fantastic environment for our employees. An environment where employees
have an opportunity to develop professionally and personally.
Please send a CV and cover letter expressing your interest and qualifications latest 20th January 2024.
Clearly indicate the subject: Talent Acquisition Lead
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.