United Mission for Relief & Development
Accounting, Auditing & Finance
Coordinating and managing staff to ensure that all accounting tasks are completed in a timely manner Managing employee payroll, including calculating wages and deductions and processing checks Receiving and processing incoming payments, issuing payments to vendors, and keeping financial records
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:2 years
JOB DESCRIPTION FOR UMR KENYA ACCOUNTANT
UMR Horn of Africa is a nonprofit, nonpartisan, and nonsectarian nongovernmental organization registered in Kenya under the applicable Laws. UMR Horn of Africa is an affiliate of UMR with its Head Office in Washington DC USA. UMR HA coordinates programs in Kenya, Somalia, and Ethiopia. In Kenya, UMR has been working with vulnerable communities in Northern Kenya, especially in Wajir, and Garissa Counties to implement various life-changing programs.
Under the direct supervision of the Regional Representative, the incumbent will be accountable and responsible for all financial matters within UMR Kenya, like keeping and interpreting financial records. He/ She may oversee responsibilities like reconciling bank statements and calculating payroll to keep the organization in strong financial standing.
- Coordinating and managing staff to ensure that all accounting tasks are completed in a timely manner
- Managing employee payroll, including calculating wages and deductions and processing checks
- Receiving and processing incoming payments, issuing payments to vendors, and keeping financial records
- Managing project files; monitoring project status and preparing summary project reports
- Reviewing financial statements, journals, ledgers, and other records to ensure accuracy
- Calculating taxes owed based on government regulations
- Reviewing financial reports to identify problems or opportunities for improvement
- Update accounts receivable and issue invoice
- Update accounts payable and perform reconciliations
- Assist in the processing of balance sheets, income statements, and other financial statements according to legal and company accounting and financial guidelines
- Assist with reviewing expenses, payroll records, etc. as assigned
- Update financial data in databases to ensure that information will be accurate and immediately available when needed
- Prepare and submit weekly/monthly reports
- Assist senior accountants in the preparation of monthly/yearly closings
- Assist with other accounting projects
Requirements and skills
- Proven experience as a junior accountant
- Excellent organizing abilities
- Great attention to detail
- Good with numbers and figures and an analytical acumen
- Good understanding of accounting and financial reporting principles and practices
- Respond to customer queries via social media platforms.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office and familiarity with relevant computer software (e.g. SAP)
- Qualifications (CPA III ) are a requirement
- BSc/Ba in accounting, finance, or a relevant field
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: High School diploma or equivalent plus additional college or business school training in bookkeeping or accounting. Minimum of 2 years experience with bookkeeping software; or any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES: Knowledge and application of bookkeeping principles and practices; knowledge of office methods and procedures; ability to make independent judgments in implementing established procedures; familiarity with the use of standard office equipment and software including MS Excel. Ability to perform detailed work involving written or numerical data and to make arithmetical calculations rapidly and accurately.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS: Must pass a criminal history background investigation.
Salary is 40 to 50 k.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
Get Insured through mTek Services
You can explore medical and personal accident insurance covers conveniently. Compare pricing from various insurance companies, save, and budgetGet Insured