The Machakos Public Service Board wishes to recruit a competent and qualified person to fill the following positions. This is pursuant to Article 235 of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010 and Section 59, 63 of the County Governments Act, 2012
3. Assistant Director Administration (Head of County Recreational Parks) ONE POST (1) REF: MCPSB/TYSC/1/2020
(a)Duties and Responsibilities
• Head the County Recreational Parks
• Oversee overall administration and management of recreational parks
• Facilitating maintenance of infrastructure and facilities.
• Initiate action in formulation of the directorate work plans, financial budgets, policy reviews and strategic plans related to recreational parks
• Monitoring and evaluation of projects and programmes with help of other government departments or stakeholders
• Management and supervision of human resources working in county recreational parks
• Coordination and management of tourism facilitation programmes in recreational parks
(b)Requirements for Appointment
For appointment to this grade, an officer must have:-
I. Served in the grade of Chief administration officer or Project Manager in a comparable and relevant position in the public service for at least three years.
II. A Bachelor's degree in any of the following fields:-Tourism, Environmental Science, Business Administration, Economics, Commerce, Sociology, Geography, or International Relations or any other equivalent qualification in a related field from a recognized Institution.
III. Demonstrated professional competence as reflected in work performance and results.
Terms of Service :(3) year Contract
Job Group: P
Salary: As prescribed by the Salaries & Remuneration Commission (SRC)
MANDATORY INTEGRITY CLEARANCE
• Clearance from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
• Clearance from Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
• Clearance from Criminal Investigation Department (CID) of National Police
• Clearance from the Ethics & Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
• Clearance from former employer where applicable.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested and Qualified persons are requested to make their applications ONLINE through the Machakos County Website : http://machakosgovernment.co.ke/jobs , Job Portal : http://184.108.40.206:8069/jobs or Email : email@example.com
so as to reach the undersigned on or before 3rd November 2020 at 23:59 (East African Time).
Applicants must attach scanned copies of academic certificates, professional certificates & National Identification card.
Email applicants must fill the official job application form accessible from Machakos County website then scan and send together with scanned copies of academic certificates, professional certificates, National Identification card and integrity clearance documents.
It is an offence to include incorrect information in the application. Details of academic and professional certificates not obtained by closure of the advert should not be included.
The Shortlisted Candidates will be required to:
1. Produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and transcripts during interviews. It is a criminal offence to present fake certificates/documents.
Machakos County Government is an equal opportunity employer; Women, Persons with Disabilities and other disadvantaged groups are encouraged to apply.
MACHAKOS COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD,
P.O. BOX 603- 90100 MACHAKOS