DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE, LIVESTOCK, FISHERIES AND COOPERATIVES
8. Assistant Livestock Production Officer III Job Group H (4 Posts)
Duties and Responsibilities
• Carrying out practical demonstrations relating to livestock production;
• Accompanying extension teams during farm visits and farm training;
• Participating in field days and agricultural shows to disseminate livestock production technologies and information;
• Collecting and Collating livestock data and information for gross margins, market access and Planning
• Participating in collaborative research activities
• Collecting Livestock inputs and product samples for analysis
• Advising farmers on group formation, construction of farm structures and equipment’s.
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have:-
• Diploma in Animal Health and Production, Animal Husbandry, Dairy Science and Technology, Agribusiness, Animal Production, Farm Management, Apiculture, Range Management or Natural Resource Management from a recognized institution
• Certificate in Computer applications from a recognized institution (added advantage)
• At least one (1) year experience in a comparable and relevant position
All applicants Must fulfill Chapter six of the constitution requirement
Salary Scale: The salary, allowances and other benefits attached to these positions will be as determined by the Salaries and Remuneration Commission and other recognized CBAs as applicable.
Terms of Service: All the above posts shall be on a three (3) year contract term renewable based on satisfactory performance.
“Vihiga County is an Equal opportunity employer”
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their application with copies of their National Identity/passport, Academic & Professional certificates to the undersigned.
Key responsibilities and job specifications for the above positions are available on the official County websites www.vihiga.go.ke.
All application from interested and qualified candidates should be submitted on or before 26th day of October 2020
Please note that ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
SECRETARY/CEO VIHIGA COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD
P.O BOX 880-50300