REPORTING TO: PRINCIPAL
• To encourage multidisciplinary work across sectors, especially developing joining projects in relation to technology.
KEY RESULT AREAS
• To undertake market research to identify sectors with requirements that can be met by the school
• To develop strategic alliances and research with external organizations that will benefit the school economically, educationally and socially.
• To work with external networking organizations to develop new opportunities for the school.
• To support academics to obtain collaborative projects.
• To attend project meetings and support academics in project management as required.
• To liaise with Academics and the relevant internal offices around the planning and implementation of any events.
• To manage relevant information for the school by maintaining accurate records of activities and implementing where necessary.
DECISIONS AND JUDGEMENTS
Making decisions on the job while escalating to the Management and board of directors
COMMUNICATION AND RELATIONSHIPS
• Polished communication skills both verbally and in writing
• Result driven, enterprising and flexible
• Evidence of project or programme management in a previous role
COMPETENCIES & PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
• Demonstrated skills in strategy formulation, planning, and implementation skills
• Excellent IT Skills with the ability to use MS office and databases.
• Highly commercial with strong business acumen
EDUCATION KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
• Marketing and media experience
• Experience in working in either a school, university or education sector
• Degree in Business Management
• 3 years’ work experience as a business development officer