• Lead major initiatives and fill in critical gaps in the organization: The Manager in the Office of the CEO will directly implement the priorities of the Executive Director.
This could be through project work, such as improving retention by analyzing data to identify issues, propose solutions, and implement the solutions with a diverse team.
It could also come in the form of operational secondments, such as managing an important department during a time of transition to ensure the CEO’s voice is reflected in departmental priorities.
• Executive-level communications and research: We believe well-crafted communication of our strategy is essential to One Acre Fund’s success.
The Office of the CEO will reflect the voice of our Executive Director in communications with the most important influencers in the sector and internal audiences through pitch decks, strategy sharing, employee engagement, and more.
The communications may also require fast analyses and research, like conducting a market sizing of smallholder farmers in East Africa.
• Team leadership: The Manager in the Office of the CEO will help ensure the professional development and high-quality project work of the Analysts in the Office of the CEO.
This will include serving as the bridge between the Executive Director and the Analysts, scoping projects, checking in weekly with Analysts to guide their work, and conducting bi-annual professional development reviews.
We have a culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance.
We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. The Manager in the Office of the CEO will likely report directly to the CEO.
We are looking for professionals with 5+ years of work experience. We are looking for extraordinary candidates to help take our organization to the next levels of impact and scale.
This is a career-track role, with a two-year minimum. Candidates who fit the following criteria are encouraged to apply:
• Experience in strategic and consulting contexts, e.g. working with C-suite leaders, change management, or long-term planning.
• Ability to roll up one’s sleeves and directly move projects forward, as opposed to solely making recommendations or presentations.
• Experience managing team performance and developing leaders; experience in remote management a plus
• Exceptional written communicator. We are looking for clear communicators who have an ability to engage a range of audiences, including internal staff, external partners, and organizational leadership.
• Research ability. You have experience conducting powerful secondary research.
• Humility. We are looking for passionate leaders with good humor, patience, and a humble approach to service.
• Language: English.
Qualified candidates are required to send their updated CV.