We are looking for a self-starter, highly energetic and innovative Chief Executive Officer. Reporting to a Board of Directors and working with a very lean but highly effective team, you will provide leadership in the development and implementation of the company’s strategy aimed at creating and maximizing value
for all the stakeholders. In order to deliver this, you will be:
• A strategic thinker with a good understanding of the external environment; a big picture orientation, strong business acumen and a futuristic approach will be expected of you in the development of the strategy.
• Accountable for organization and personal results and thus, you will be a results driver with an ability to translate strategy into action optimizing talent and resources available so as to deliver if not surpass the desired results.
• A visionary leadership with the ability to influence and inspire growth; the retail space is of particular interest.
• Strong business developer who will be good at influencing others, building networks and collaborations within and across boundaries, as well as building relationships, inspiring confidence and interacting effectively to raise the profile
• Excellent communicator with the ability to communicate and present complex issues clearly and succinctly, tailoring them to the technical level of the audience. Reporting skills will also be essential.
• A change leader who builds teams, and develops talent, drives meaningful change and inspires the growth of a profitable business
You will have high levels of personal and professional integrity, a high level of financial awareness with excellent money market and financial services industry knowledge. You will also be innovative and have a keen eye on process improvement with an ability to take informed risks for the business. In addition, you
• Master’s degree in related field from a recognized university and relevant professional qualification e.g. CFA as well as membership of a relevant professional body
• At least 12 years relevant experience with at least 5 years managerial experience. An investment background, particularly in investment banking will be of interest to us.
• Demonstrable successful track record in funds management including money market fund, balanced funds, retail funds; investing for high net worth individuals; and in fixed income securities and Unit Trust
• Investment management experience and understanding of investment quality standards, including performance in the context of risk management and managing liquidity
• Advanced understanding of how to apply financial/statistical modelling to investment analyses
• Extensive overall business management experience with P&L responsibility, driving investment performance and growing the business
• Strong people management experience especially in leading and managing a team of investment professionals
• Strong analytical, problem-solving and project management skills