Assist in identification of potential participants
- Minimum Qualification:Highschool
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:2 years
Opening date: 9/16/2022 Vacancy No. CGHR/316/9/22
Program description: This program is collaboration between Kenya Medical Research Institute and the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention whose remit is to conduct research in Malaria, HIV, Parasitology, TB and other diseases. Due to its continued growth, the collaboration would like to fill a vacancy in the following position for the ReSCOV Study within the DGHP branch
Position: Clerical Officer (4 Positions) KMR 10
Location: Siaya, Manyatta, Bondo
Reporting to: Research Administrator
• O-Level secondary education with a minimum grade of a D+ (plus)
• Excellent working experience with Microsoft Office suite, tablet-based data entry platforms.
• GCP certificate
• Fluency in English, Swahili and Luo and be able to translate from any of these languages
• Ability to ride and maintain a motorcycle and in possession of valid driving license
• Experience in electronic data collection e.g smartphone, tablets
• Be a resident or willing to live and work in the study area
• Experience in working in a research /hospital setting is an added advantage
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Excellent computing skills
• Good interpersonal communication skills
• Be able to work both independently and in a team
• Attention to details and good work ethics
• Ability to write brief reports and keep records that are clear and legible
• Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work as part of a team
Reporting to the Research Administrator the Clerical Officer will be responsible for consenting, follow up and retention of study participants.
SPECIFIC TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Assist in identification of potential participants
• Consent and recruit eligible participants
• Schedule participants for follow ups
• Complete study forms accurately & completely
• Ensure he/she has the requisite supplies in good time
• Work closely with the data team to resolve queries
• Maintain strict confidentiality of sensitive research information
• Participate in monthly program meetings
• Relate well with MOH staff and CHVs and the community
• Perform any other duties assigned/delegated by the immediate supervisor.
Applications MUST include the following:
• Letter of Application (INDICATE VACANCY NUMBER)
• Current Curriculum Vitae with telephone number and e-mail address
• Letters of reference from your referees
• Copies of Certificates and transcripts
Terms of Employment: This is a one-year (1) contract as per KEMRI scheme of service and a probation period for the first 3 months.
Salary: Compensation is within the relevant grade, based on educational levels, relevant experience and demonstrated competency.
All the applications to be done through KEMRI Website www.kemri.go.ke/e-recruitment portal- on or before October 6, 2022, latest 5.00 p.m. Please visit the KEMRI web site www.kemri.go.ke for more details on the advertisement.
Application letter should be addressed to the Deputy Director, CGHR, P.O Box 1578-40100, Kisumu
KEMRI IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITED TO DIVERSITY; PERSONS WITH DISABILITY, WOMEN, YOUTH AND THOSE FROM MARGINALIZED AREAS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY. KEMRI DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF ITS SELECTION PROCESS INCLUDING APPLICATION, INTERVIEW AND PROCESSING OF OFFER LETTER. IF ASKED FOR A FEE, REPORT SUCH REQUEST IMMEDIATELY
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
Get Insured through mTek Services
You can explore medical and personal accident insurance covers conveniently. Compare pricing from various insurance companies, save, and budgetGet Insured