IV. Clerk Assistant II JOB GROUP M/CASB 07 (ONE POSITION)
a) Duties and Responsibilities
i. Participating in County Assembly procedures, practices, conventions, traditions, etiquette committee administration.
ii. Searching for fresh information/ facts by consulting appropriate sources like documents or persons.
iii. Offering administrative services to various types of County Assembly Committees.
iv. Preparation of minutes, letters and reports for committees.
v. Preparation of order papers, draft motions and statements for Members.
vi. Such other relevant duties as may be assigned by the Assembly Clerk/HOD.
b) Requirements for Appointment
For appointment to this grade, the applicant must have a minimum of the following:
i. Served in the grade of Clerk Assistant Ill, or in a comparable position for a minimum period of three (3) years;
h. Bachelors Degree in Social Sciences, Political Science/Sociology/Economics/Public Administration/Law/Business Administration, Education or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
iii. Proficiency in computer application skills.
• Term of Service: Permanent and Pensionable
• Remuneration: To be compensated as per the applicable guidelines by the Salaries and Remuneration Commission.
HOW TO APPLY
• Each application should be accompanied by detailed CV, and copies of relevant academic and professional certificates, Copy of National identification card or passport and other relevant testimonials
• Application should be submitted in a sealed envelope with the position applied for,clearly marked on the left top side. And either hand delivered to the assembly offices or posted to the following addressed:
Machakos County Assembly Service Board
P.O Box 1168-90100
• Online applications may be submitted as PDF attachment via email to: email@example.com
Important information to all applicants
1. Applications should reach the Secretary, County Assembly Service Board on or before 13th May, 2021
2. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Canvasing will lead to automatic disqualification.
3. Shortlisted candidates MUST meet the requirements of chapter six of the Constitution of Kenya on leadership and integrity and will be required to produce clearance /compliance certificate from the following agencies
a) Ethics and Anti-corruption commission
b) Higher Education Loans Board
c) Kenya Revenue Authority
d) Credit Reference Bureau
e) Directorate of criminal Investigation
The County Assembly Service Board of Machakos is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge commission for its recruitment services. Women and persons with disability are encouraged to apply.