This a full time position based in Nairobi and whose tenure is one (1) year contract renewable based on performance and by mutual consent.
Reporting to the Program Manager, the Communication, Policy Advocacy and Knowledge Management Officer will be responsible for:
i. Ensuring coherence in communication, effective policy advocacy and proper knowledge management.
ii. Developing and implementing an effective communication strategy for the Hub.
iii. Ensuring smooth communication between the hub, partners and other stakeholders.
iv. Ensuring consistent messaging to facilitate effective participation by all the partners and stakeholders.
v. Managing all communication channels including traditional, social media and online platforms.
vi. Managing the Hub online data processing system and integrating all the processes to ensure sustainability. This will entail working closely with the ICT assistant.
vii. Ensuring the proper packaging of research findings, reports and messages for different end users as well as ensuring visibility and raising the profile of the Hub and its activities at the international, national and county levels.
viii. Coordinating advocacy activities with partners and other stakeholders.
ix. Working closely with the UON library to ensure the publication of the Hub’s journal articles, research papers, e-books, and other products in the University’s online repository.
x. Disseminating research findings through print and electronic media to promote evidence uptake.
xi. Linking the hub with stakeholders in policy advocacy as well as managing the Hub’s policy advocacy strategy and ensuring its proper implementation.
xii. Performing any other duties assigned by the program manager
• Applicants must have a Bachelors degree in any of the following fields: journalism, communication, public relations or any other related, relevant field. Those with a Masters degree in the mentioned fields will have added advantage.
• They must have a minimum of three (3) years work experience in communication, public relations and knowledge management.
• Excellent writing and editing skills
• Meticulous and attentive to detail
• Strong presentation, advocacy, communication and knowledge management skills
• Ability to translate technical information into easily understood and accessible messages in varied formats
• Ability to produce clear and compelling print, digital and multi-media content for internal and external audiences
• High level of proficiency with technology
• Experience with digital communication platforms and content
• Fluent in spoken and written English and Kiswahili languages. Additional language proficiency an added advantage
• Self-directed, proactive, quick learner, problem solver and innovator
• Strong people skills, good judgment and ability to manage teams
• Ability to work with diverse teams
• Ability to work under pressure
• Experience in working with women/gender related organisations
1. Applicants should email their application letters and certified copies of certificates and CV giving details of their qualifications and experience.
2. Applications and related documents should be addressed to The Principal, College of Humanities and Social Sciences and forwarded through the applicants’ heads of departments, where applicable.
3. Applicants should state their current designations, salaries and other benefits attached to those designations.
4. The application letter must bear the reference code as shown in the advertisement.
5. Applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
CLOSING DATE: FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 27, 2020.
THE UNIVERSITY OF NAIROBI IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
ONLY SHORTLISTED APPLICANTS WILL BE CONTACTED.