The Construction Supervisor shall be responsible for planning, directing, and implementing all site construction work.
- Minimum Qualification: Diploma
- Experience Level: Mid level
- Experience Length: 5 years
Gross salary of ksh. 50,000 to 60,000
Duties and Responsibilities
- Deployment of various site temporary employees and casual handymen.
- Allocation / assignment of works to various people in piecework measures.
- Ensuring works are done efficiently guaranteeing effective quality control.
- Review daily site attendance register and division of labour works and sign off.
- Review and be accountable for daily equipment, tools, protective clothing and sign off.
- Ensuring cost control mechanisms are put in place at all times.
- Preparation of materials requisitions and submission to the procurement officer.
- Authorize any purchase meant for the site that he is responsible for.
- Ensure that requisition books, goods received note is filled and signed off for all materials bought and delivered at the site.
- Review of works programme and ensuring it is followed to the letter
- Providing overall leadership of the site team thus will undertake all execution, supervision and leadership of the project team.
- Briefing the head office on the projects progress and key material and resource requirements.
- Managing day to day operations and administrative issues relating to the project.
- General project management and site supervision including time and quality control.
- Ensuring health, security and safety of site staff as well as security materials and other resources
- Supervising the various component leads/supervisors to ensure that each of them is on top of the issues and no part of the project suffers lags.
- Overseeing the various components of the project to ensure concurrent project progression.
- Liaising with the client representatives at every stage of the project and briefing them on milestone issues.
- Inspecting all materials going into the project, the workmanship and practices of contractors and/or crews engaged in construction
- Assisting in interpreting provisions of contracts, plans, specifications, and designs
- Ensuring that construction work schedules are maintained
- To be responsible for continuous inspection during construction and to ensure adherence to all building codes, plans, specification, and allotted budget;
- Monitoring the continuous inspection of workman ship, materials, and methods
- Reviewing requests by the architects and contractors for changes in the plans in accordance with delegated authority
- To be responsible for following the construction budget in conjunction with the architects
- Giving initial approval to vouchers for payment to various professionals and casual employees engaged on the project.
- To attend various meetings and submit written progress reports.
- Providing a daily report on material
- Advice the management on taking of a disciplinary action for misconduct at the site.;
· Diploma/degree in Building Technology, or its equivalent from a recognized institution
· At least 5 years in a management position at a busy construction site.
· Prior experience having worked with projects worth KES 100M and above.
· Numeracy skills to handle the financial and mathematical demands of the role.
· A thorough technical understanding of building construction methods
· Possess business etiquette with a strong work ethic, high level of honesty/integrity, results-oriented, ability to deliver under pressure
· Ability to read architectural drawings and have an appreciation of construction processes
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.