- Cook various dishes as per recipe, portion control and presentation specifications
- Set up workstations with all needed ingredients and cooking equipment
- Prepare ingredients to use in cooking (chopping and peeling vegetables, cutting meat etc.)
- Cook food in various utensils and equipments
- Check food while cooking to stir or turn
- Keep a sanitized and orderly environment in the kitchen
- Ensure all food and other items are stored properly
- Check the quality of ingredients
- Monitor stock and place orders when there are shortages
- Make adjustments to food items to accommodate guests with allergies or specific diet concerns
- Any other duty as may be assigned from time to time by management
- Maintain a clean and tidy workplace
- Adhere to the rules and policies of the company.
- Show exceptional knowledge of other departments/areas.
- Maintain consistency with each and every dish/meal.
- At least 3 years’ experience as a chef
- Training in Food Production from a reputable institution an added advantage
- Should always be perfectly groomed at all times and practice personal hygiene especially while handling food
- Should have proper knowledge of food preparation and service of all foods as set out in the menu
- Ability to follow all sanitation procedures
- Experience in using cutting tools, cookware and bakeware
- Knowledge of various cooking procedures and methods (grilling, baking, boiling etc.)
- Ability to remain calm and composed under pressure.
- Should be time conscious and always execute his duties accurately and on time, with minimal supervision
- Should have valid Food Handler’s Certificate.