St Francis of Assisi Catholic Church Ruiru Self Help Group (Ruiru Fund) operates at St. Francis of Assisi Catholic Church, Parish Ruiru, and is seeking to recruit a suitable self-driven, result-oriented, and highly qualified individual for the position of Debt Recovery Officer.
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:5 years
St Francis of Assisi Ruiru Catholic Church Self Help Group (Ruiru Fund) is registered under the Archdiocese of Nairobi Social Promotion Registered Trustees (SPRT) with the mandate of Promoting pastoral and socio-economic welfare of members and that of the wider community through savings mobilization and provision of the innovative credit facilities. St Francis of Assisi Catholic Church Ruiru Self Help Group (Ruiru Fund) operates at St. Francis of Assisi Catholic Church, Parish Ruiru, and is seeking to recruit a suitable self-driven, result-oriented, and highly qualified individual for the position of Debt Recovery Officer.
The overall objective of the role is to identify, evaluate and monitor the non-performing loan accounts and implement a recovery action plan to achieve timely and maximum recovery at a minimal cost and appropriate turn –around time. The role holder will be responsible for handling a portfolio of delinquent loan facilities within the policy guidelines. The incumbent should understand the borrower’s problems, identify and resolve problems with unpaid loans.
Reporting to the General Manager, the debt recovery officer will:
- Submission of all loans reports, including recoveries of all loans, loan classification movements.
- Maintain loan ageing analysis schedule, and follow up with defaulted member on recoverability of the outstanding loan balances.
- Aggressively follow up on defaulted loans and undertake field’s visits where necessary for recovery.
- Prepare weekly and monthly report son performance of portfolio at risk.
- Analysing loan underpayments reports and reminding members to make prompt payments.
- Preparing defaulters list for onward forwarding to crb and external debt collectors.
- Initiate demand and reminder letters to all defaulting members and review credit files for proper documentation and monitoring.
- Issuing demand notices to guarantors of the defaulted loans.
- Attaching guarantors on defaulted loans
- Prepare approval request to the management for negotiated settlements and follow up until account is fully settled and the balance paid off.
- Liaising with the business development officers, credit officers to ensure PAR to below 5%.
- Develop and continuously review credit policies and procedures to ensure compliances.
- Holders of a business-related degree from a recognized university, preferably, BCom, Business administration, Co-operative management or equivalent.
- Certification in Credit Management /Debt collection will be added advantage.
- Minimum of 5 years relevant work experience in debt collection.
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of the recovery process with a sound understanding of the credit life cycle and debt recovery techniques.
- Should have sound knowledge of credit risk management.
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills.
- Experience in working with targets and strict.
- Good planning, analytical and monitoring skills
- Proficiency in computer applications such as spreadsheets.
- Exhibit excellent customer service standards at all times while handling members.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should submit their applications to St. Francis of Assisi Ruiru Catholic Church Self-Help Group (Ruiru Fund) to The General Manager on or before 2nd December 2022. To include a cover letter, curriculum vitae, copies of academic and professional certificates, certificates of good standing from relevant professional bodies and compliance with chapter 6 of the Kenyan constitution.
NB: St. Francis of Assisi Ruiru Catholic Church Self-Help Group (Ruiru Fund) is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Catholic Christians are encouraged to apply.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
Get Insured through mTek Services
You can explore medical and personal accident insurance covers conveniently. Compare pricing from various insurance companies, save, and budgetGet Insured