THE PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
- Responsible for the day to day technical operations of the LPG business in addition to overseeing all LPG-related marketing strategies with functional responsibility for retail and industrial LPG sales.
- He/she is also responsible for creating sales channels, product merchandising and awareness on the Company’s LPG products within the various identifiable market segments and consequently developing and executing strategies to exploit gaps, increase market share and profitability.
- His/her responsibility will also include negotiating and conducting commercial contracts for this business segment as well as identifying and developing new business opportunities in the area of LPG marketing.
JOB DESCRIPTION FOR THIS POSITION
- Manage all office administration processes and expenses to deliver targeted profitability
- Planning, coordination and implementation of the annual operating and capital budget process
- Oversee the preparation of various management reports and timely submission to relevant authorities
- Oversee the company’s financial performance, investments and other business ventures
- Work close with Finance Manager in setting proper finance control and accountability system and manage its implementation.
- Ensure all purchases follows the company procurement policy and practice
- Ensure cost-effective during the discharge of Company duties while considering value for money
LPG MARKETING AND BUSINESS MANAGEMENT
- Prepare and implement comprehensive business plans to facilitate achievement by planning cost-effective operations and market development activities
- Be accountable for the LPG business in the Country to achieve the agreed volumes and margin targets.
- Provide strategic advice to the Management so that they will have an accurate view of the company performance, market and the company’s future.
- Develop, and continually evaluate distribution plans and product availability to meet sales volumes requirements.
- Develop annual marketing plan in conjunction with the retail and commercial sales team, detailing activities for the fiscal year, which will focus on meeting LPG sales objectives.
- Monitor market trends, competitor activities, consumer preference and position the Company’s LPG offering accordingly.
- Target major or key accounts in the industrial and retail markets creating product awareness and lead marketing promotions program to boost LPG sales.
- Develop a nationwide LPG distributor network to support market penetration drive and follow-up their performance with periodic performance and team meetings.
- Grow the Company’s LPG market share by penetrating existing markets, identifying and extending into new markets.
- Monitor LPG Sales across all marketing channels including retail stations through periodic visits to the locations, field coaching, and provide necessary support and feedback to Management to guide their decision making.
- Develop communications for upper management pertaining to marketing updates, budget recaps and program evaluations.
- Ensure superior and consistent execution and implementation of all LPG programs, processes and systems delivered from the Sales and Marketing Department.
- Manage and monitor the delivery lines to ensure the top-quality delivery at the right time in safety condition and suggesting corrective measures if necessary.
- Improve monthly sales figures through strategic and effective customer service interventions.
- Maintain and ensure that Company sales team visit industrial and big LPG customers regularly and follow up LPG usage with workable plans on re-order and repeat patronage.
- Ensuring availability of the stock of products that includes but not limited to gas, cylinders and accessories
- Oversee the management of all operational activities to ensure maximum and effective utilization of all resources and equipment within the Company facilities that lead to improved controls.
- Oversee daily management of stock that includes loading, storage and distribution of products.
- Closely oversee product stock audits process and recommend on appropriate solutions for operation improvement
- Develop, plan and implement all activities related to preventative maintenance, housekeeping, security, contingency planning, first Aid, fire-fighting including inspections, training, implementation of procedures and programs, monitoring and follow up.
- Responsibly manage, control, mitigate risk, report and investigate all incidents that may impair Company performance and/or affect the safety, health or security of any person or cause damage to the company.
- Management business Contracts and all operation activities performed by third parties and contractors within the facilities and ensuring that terms and condition of contracts adhere to HSSEQ standards and quality of work is as specified.
PROCESSES AND CONTROLS
- Ensure the Company's quality management and control systems are fully documented implemented and maintained as needed to meet the requirements of the Company's vision and governing policies.
- Ensure standard control of stock movements (in and out) of gas, cylinders, accessories and items.
- Ensure company policies and legal guidelines for the operation of LPG business are communicated all the way from the top down in the company and that they are followed at all times
- Provide necessary guidance to employees, ensuring all employees comply with Company standards, policies and regulations.
- Train sales and technical support staff on gas equipment functioning (observing temperature, level, and flow gauges, and perform regular unit checks to ensure that all equipment are operating as they should).
- Monitor LPG equipment operation in all locations to ensure minimum downtime in LPG sales.
- Supervise operations of technical support vendors in the servicing/repairs of LPG equipment.
- Liaise with the Engineering Department in all repairs and servicing of all LPG equipment in all marketing channels.
- Take charge of all LPG storage and distribution equipment (including skid tanks, cylinders, etc.) in terms of operations, breakdowns, installation, HSE provisions, etc. in all LPG sales locations.
- Supervise retesting of cylinders activity.
- Lead the construction and operations of LPG equipment including installation of all related distribution systems
- To build a team of employees, train, coach and develop them through the establishment of clear directions of responsibilities to attain company objectives and goals
- Ensure the team understands and adheres to and operating procedures
- Provide leadership in creating a safe, healthy and environmentally-friendly atmosphere through raising safety awareness.
- Supervise the Head of Departments and Employees in general in providing guidance and motivation to drive maximum performance
- Ensuring compliances with governing laws in Finances, Tax, employment, industrial standards and best practices.
- Ensure adherence to all safe working procedures, legal and government requirements for the receipt, storage and distribution of gas.
- Ensuring Industrial safety of personnel and the integrity of equipment in the industry and facilities which include but not limited to general safety, occupational safety and health, process and production safety, material safety, workplace safety, fire safety, electrical safety, building and structural safety and environmental safety
RELATIONSHIP AND NETWORKING
- Communicate and maintain trust relationships with Shareholders, Business partners and Authorities
- Represent the Company in various strategic business meetings
- Be available to address significant business concerns and takes full part in negotiations and close of voluminous business deals
- Work collaboratively with Taifa Gas Team across to develop and execute business strategies.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the CEO
KEY RESULT AREA
- High market share
- Low risk and incidence rates
- Expenditure control
- Motivate employees
- Optimum HSSEQ requirements
- Function control systems
- Strong relationship with Customers and other development Stakeholders
ADMINISTRATIVE AND COMMUNICATIONS
- To provide appropriate guidance and Communication of all recommended matters related to business operations to all employees, Customers and external Stakeholders
SPECIFIC SKILLS, COMPETENCIES AND/OR EXPERIENCE REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION
- Candidates with a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering field from a recognized Institution.
- 7years working experience in an engineering field with 5 years working experience in LPG industries reservoirs storage.
- Age limit 35yrs
- Must possess business development skills
- Good knowledge, experience and skills in engineering design, codes and standards in LPG industry
- Good knowledge of the key steps/processes on LPG management, distribution channels implementation/management
- Ability to manage projects
- Must be a registered professional engineer with Engineering Registration Board of the relevant country or certified by verified institute.
- Demonstrable leadership values; visionary, results-driven, decisive, communicator, organizer, emotional intelligence and coaching
- Strong interpersonal and communication skill
- Demonstrable people management experience and skills is an added advantage
- Honest with demonstrable integrity, assertiveness, high discipline, creativity and analysis.
- Ability to work under high pressure and independently
- Ability of effective negotiation skills.
- Work flexibility
- Professional and confident in dealing with a range of people
- Superior computer skills
- Team spirit with a positive attitude
- Must have a valid driving license and a valid travelling passport.