Driver & Transport Services
Certificate of Good Conduct Clean and valid driving license and good track record
- Minimum Qualification:Highschool
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:4 years
Vehicle Management and logistics:
- Manage vehicles with care and use them with respect. Drive HKI vehicles in a safe and secure manner in accordance with local law and the policies of HKI
- Ensure routine check-up of the vehicles; this include but not limited to oil, brake function, water, lights & tire condition, windshield wipers, etc.
- Assists with vehicle repairs when they break down by taking them to the garage or for service if necessary, and ensure they are in satisfactory condition
- Ensure all vehicles have valid insurance stickers on the windscreen
- Maintain a vehicle management process and database that includes vehicle logs sheets, and tracks mileage, fuel consumption, maintenance/repair management and costs, for each vehicle.
- Ensure that all Helen Keller staff meet required driving standards prior to them being able to drive Helen Keller vehicles.
- Confirm availability of vehicle tools and equipment before, during and after work; this include and not limited to the spare tires, tools and first aid kits.
- Ensure safety of the vehicle by packing at the designated areas/secure place with all doors and windows locked, keys kept safely
Driving staff to various destinations as required:
- Ensure that all passengers are always on safety belts
- Must drive vehicles safely and comfortably and must exercise defensive driving while on the road to prevent accident.
- Reckless driving shall be sufficient ground for the driver’s recall and consequently be a cause of disciplinary action.
- He/she shall adhere to Safety and Security regulations/SOPs including ensuring COVID 19 prevention measures are adhered to by the passengers
- Drive staff to various destinations as per the schedule
- Prepare and submit Monthly Vehicle performance reports
- Submit incidence reports promptly using standard templates
- Ensure all relevant vehicle documents/forms are duly filled e.g. incident forms, logbooks, transport waivers
- Collects and delivers mail at the Post Office, courier offices and other offices
- Delivers letters and documents to suppliers/service providers when required and ensure delivery books are accurately filled
- Assists in packaging and loading supplies or project materials to various destinations
- Support the Operations department on routine logistics tasks and requested
- Assists in any other duties assigned by his or her supervisors
- Certificate of Good Conduct
- Clean and valid driving license and good track record
- Good command of the English language
- Have completed Secondary school education.
- Computer skills and knowledge is required
- Defensive driving training is an added advantage
- Prior experience working with NGO
- At least 4 years accident-free driving.
- Fitness to work certificate and eye test.
- Driving experience within Baringo County will be an advantage
- Courtesy, tact, patience
- Excellent Driving skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize requests
- Flexibility to take on a variety of tasks
- Commitment to Helen Keller Intl mission and core values.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
Get Insured through mTek Services
You can explore medical and personal accident insurance covers conveniently. Compare pricing from various insurance companies, save, and budgetGet Insured