Over five (5) years’ experience driving vans, pickups or medium-duty trucks (FH, FI, Canter or FRR) within major cities and towns in Kenya.
- Minimum Qualification: Highschool
- Experience Level: Mid level
- Experience Length: 5 years
Immediate Supervisor: LOGISTICS OFFICER
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
Responsible for overall running and picking of courier shipments and safe custody of the same.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collect and deliver documents, packages or parcels to and from customers
- Reconciliation of daily deliveries / activities
- Custodian of allocated vehicle and accessories.
- Undertake office errands when need arises
- Report any form of fraud immediately, even suspicion.
- Ensure safe vehicle turnaround time/transit time to various delivery destinations is met.
- Responsible for the vehicle safety and standard quality requirements, including all legal requirements by law.
- Ensure that the vehicle in use is in good condition for delivery and any anomaly is reported in good time for corrective measure.
- Ensure you are familiar with the standard operating procedures for loading and offloading at the distribution center you have been assigned and to each distributor/customer you deliver to.
- Ensure that all documentations related to deliveries and from deliveries are duly filled and signed where necessary and returned to appropriate offices.
- Timely reporting of all potential risks, near misses, breakdowns and accidents to your immediate supervisors.
- Complete routine vehicle checks and ensure that the vehicle achieves the set target of fuel consumption (Km/L)
- Caution and safety on the road are to be exercised at all times and adhere to the working time directive.
- Undertake any other allocated duties.
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
· O-Level certificate (C-) and above.
● Over five (5) years’ experience driving vans, pickups or medium-duty trucks (FH, FI, Canter or FRR) within major cities and towns in Kenya.
● Possess a valid Driving License – Class BCE
● Possess a valid Police Clearance Certificate.
● Demonstrable good knowledge in using smart phone
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
● Be trustworthy with high integrity and discreet while handling client’s shipments.
● Have good customer relations skills, respect and proper communication.
● Be self-motivated, flexible, and able to work outdoors and odd hours on all weather conditions and on schedules and shifts.
● Possess motor cycle and vehicle maintenance skills.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
Performance Area :Shipments delivery
Performance Indicator: Delivery timelines
Reports: be done by 11.00 am
Performance Area: Shipments collections
Performance Indicator: All collections done
Reports: To be done daily
Performance Area: Motorcycle and vehicle maintenance
Performance Indicator: Good working conditions permits and licenses
Reports: To be maintained daily
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.