Scope of Work:
The Officer will work closely with other members of Project Management team.
Individual roles, responsibilities
• Prepare guidelines, tools and notes for use in projects based on relevant environmental policies, acts and regulations/ directives of the Government and relevant safeguard policies;
• Organize environmental orientation & awareness, and training
• Coordinate with relevant agencies for obtaining permission;
• Communicate with contractors, and subcontractors for necessary environmental compliance
• Evaluate environmental risks associated with floods, landslides, erosion, bank cutting and shifting channel as a result of project activities;
• Produce reports in a manner understood by non-technical people.
• Knowledge Management and Learning
• Ability to advocate and provide policy advice
• Development and Operational Effectiveness
• Ability to lead strategic planning, results-based management and reporting
• Degree or equivalent in Environmental Sciences; Natural Resource management and Environmental Engineering or any related field.
• 3 years of relevant experience.Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages, experience in handling of web based management systems.
• Fluency in written and spoken English.
• Proficiency in MS Office