ERP Systems Developer
Software & Data
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/IT or related field with a strong bias in Systems Analysis and Development
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:5 years
The ERP Systems Developer will be tasked with developing scalable and cost-effective solutions embedded on the current Microsoft Dynamics BC ERP solution for the purpose of optimization of the solution. The jobholder will be tasked with interpreting problems as defined by the system analysts and providing solutions to the users that meet the best technical and design fit within the set organizational policies and procedures.
- Analyze technical and functional specifications provided by business users.
- Identify the stakeholders who will be impacted by change and how to involve them throughout the change process.
- Analyze business scenarios that may potentially improve by taking advantage of the application capabilities to automate and streamline operations.
- Collaborate with functional owners, analysts, and other personnel to develop/change the systems to meet the business needs.
- Locating and defining new process improvement opportunities.
- Conduct usability tests and ensure that user interface meet user requirements.
- Work closely with users to identify business needs, the costs and benefits of implementing computing solutions.
- Help the organization to understand the requirements change process and traceability.
- Determine operational objectives by studying business functions; gathering information, evaluating output requirements and formats.
- Work directly with users to increase customer satisfaction and identify primary concerns.
- Create a requirements package for information systems within the organization.
- Offer guidance on techniques to gather information at the right level of detail and scope to represent all of the stakeholder’s needs, and the ability to ask questions that lead to an understanding of the business need rather than what they want.
- Provide technical and functional guidance to meet requirements
- Work with IT infrastructure team to address networking and hardware needs
- Design new software by analyzing requirements, constructing workflow charts and diagrams, studying system capabilities and writing specifications.
- Utilizing various modelling techniques such as process modelling, data modelling, system modelling.
- Improve systems by studying current practices and designing modifications.
- Enhance and develop Microsoft Dynamics NAV modules within TNT ERP.
- Monitor software project progress by tracking activity, resolve problems, publish progress reports and recommend actions.
- Works with the project teams to ensure that every project is delivered to plan and on budget.
Systems Documentation and Training
- Recommend controls by identifying problems and documenting improved procedures.
- Facilitate documentation of systems using different approaches such as use cases, activity diagrams, sequence diagrams and state charts, data dictionaries, class or entity relationship diagrams.
- Maintain system protocols by documenting and updating procedures.
- Provide reference for users by writing and maintaining user documentation, providing level 2 and level 3 support and training users.
- Maintain user confidence and protect operations by keeping information confidential.
- Prepare technical reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends.
- Develop and maintain an up-to-date system configuration documentation, training manuals and system usage reports.
- Help in the training of new staff members by creating specific documentation related to this induction.
Data Analysis and Reporting
- Working alongside other teams within the business or the management team to establish business needs.
- Analyzing data using statistical techniques and providing user and management reports.
- Identifying, analyzing, and interpreting trends or patterns in complex data sets.
- Developments/modification of customized reports and enhancements existing tools like Power BI, Jet reports and Qlik.
- Create design workflows and specifications needs to support the Business requirements.
- Assist with Integration to other systems as required by the Business to ensure delivery of proposed solutions.
- Work in compliance with the programming and documentation standards, ICT standards, industry best practices while maintaining in continual improvement and compliance with Safety, Quality and Environmental Management Systems.
- Advisory roles to TNT ERP Support team on Systems management and support.
- Development of training material for Microsoft Dynamics BC for internal information system users.
- Any other duty as assigned.
Education and Professional Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/IT or related field with a strong bias in Systems Analysis and Development
- Certified in Microsoft Dynamics NAV (Installation and Configuration, and Development) or closelyrelated field
- Microsoft SQL server experience developing on MS SQL 2008/2012. Certification will be a plus.
- Skills in data analytical tools, i.e. Jet Reports, Power BI, ACL
- Minimum of five (5) years ERP implementation experience in Microsoft Navision or Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central, using Microsoft Sure Step or equivalent implementation methodology
- Extensive and valuable knowledge of key departmental processes: Finance, Procurement and Inventory, Grants, CRM, HR and Payroll
- Experience in user systems requirements management
- C/SIDE Development, RTC Experience and AL Development
- Experience in object-oriented programming
- Must possess systems design and development, application management and business process knowledge
- Exposure to diverse-multicultural environment.
Knowledge, Skills and Competencies
- Knowledge in large scale systems implementation on cloud, mobile and web-based platforms.
- Knowledge of business systems management.
- Knowledge in web developing languages will be a plus.
- Strong project management skills, with excellent customer training skills.
- Flexible and able to work effectively across all levels
- Having knowledge of Navision modules and functionality.
- Strong business process skills
- Influencing, critical and creative thinking
- Good logical, design and diagnostic skills
- Ability to exercise good judgement in design of software solutions;
- Ability to prioritize tasks.
- Being able to work alone or with a team
- Facilitation capabilities, proactive, interpersonal skills
- Analytical, problem solving skills
- Flexibility to changes in the work environment
- Excellent communication skills (written & verbal)
- Required languages: English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
Get Insured through mTek Services
You can explore medical and personal accident insurance covers conveniently. Compare pricing from various insurance companies, save, and budgetGet Insured