The forklift mechanic is responsible for carrying out breakdowns’ repairs, major and minor services as well as preventive maintenance on all the company owned or leased forklift trucks. He may also be called upon to do other maintenance work in projects, machines, plant facilities including generators, compressors, and company motor vehicles where necessary
- Minimum Qualification: Highschool
- Experience Level: Mid level
- Experience Length: 5 years
INTERNAL POSITION ADVERTISEMENT
JOB TITLE: FORKLIFT MECHANIC
REPORTING TO: MECHANICAL UNIT LEADER
WHO ARE WE?
A Market leader in engineering manufacturing industry specializing in premium cables and conductors manufacturing. We have for more than five decades maintained a heritage for the production of quality cables and conductors. With our manufacturing plants in Kenya and Tanzania we competently serve our clients across African countries. We are the trusted partners for the provision of high-quality cabling solution.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES.
• Responsible for trouble shooting & diagnosis of forklifts trucks.
• Effectively carry out corrective and preventive maintenance, service on forklifts with minimum supervision.
• On need basis participate in mechanical repairs of factory equipment.
• Together with Mechanical Unit Leader identify, document, and implement Forklift maintenance cost reduction measures.
• Carry out the inspections of forklifts and record the results of the inspections.
• Generate and document preventive maintenance report indicating the actual work done and suspected root causes of Forklift breakdowns.
• In collaboration of mechanical unit leader will identify the required forklift spares an initiate the requisition process.
• Train and coach, the forklift operator/driver on prevention of breakdowns and minor servicing and repairs of the forklift.
• Interpretation of forklift truck drawings and manuals as required.
• Identify and report any misuse of forklift trucks by the forklift operators/drivers.
• Carry out TPM activities geared towards factory safety, productivity, and efficiency improvement.
• Any other duties as may be assigned by the immediate supervisor.
Academic Qualifications: Qualification in Forklift operations and maintenance/ Certificate in Motor Vehicle Mechanics
Professional Qualifications: Driving License with Forklift experience, Automotive Engineering Certificate, Motor Vehicle Mechanic Training
• At least Five years hands on industrial experience in forklift truck repairs and maintenance gained from a busy manufacturing company.
Knowledge & Experience:
• Transmissions systems
• Electrical pneumatics
• Mechanical fittings, pipe work
• Arc/gas welding and brazing
• Thorough knowledge of forklifts repairs
• Technical knowledge in mechanical engineering,
• Supervisory and interpersonal skills,
• Communication Skills.
• Computer skills.
• Motor vehicle mechanic skills.
If you are keen to grow your career through this exciting opportunity, please submit your CV and application letter not later than 15th November 2023.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.