Seeking a seasoned supply chain professional to help drive capability excellence within One Acre Fund's global supply chain.
- Minimum Qualification: Bachelor
- Experience Level: Mid level
- Experience Length: 4 years
About One Acre Fund
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies 1 million smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. Our 8,000+ team is drawn from diverse backgrounds and professions. With operations across six core countries in Africa, we make farmers more prosperous by providing quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. On average, the farmers we serve harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
To learn more about our work, take a look at our Why Work Here blog for more information.
About the Role
In this role, you offer and nurture unique expertise and tools to all value streams across the Supply Chain division to achieve and sustain operational excellence. You ensure that the required systems, processes and people capabilities are in place to support the delivery of the end- to-end Supply Chain objectives and KPIs. You will manage the Global Supply Chain Capability Specialist and report to the Global Supply Chain Capability Lead. You will work in our Nairobi office.
Develop and execute loss elimination strategy:
- You will monitor monthly reconciliations across all countries, coaching teams to identify root causes of inventory variances and develop gap-closing plans.
- You will establish and prioritize opportunities for loss identification and elimination through improvements in processes, systems, capabilities, and controls.
- You will be a liaison with the Internal Audit team to ensure closure of supply chain findings, integrating continuous improvement into manuals, policies, and training for supply chain professionals
Develop and implement anti-fraud strategy for high-risk activities (procurement, reception, distribution, repackaging).
- You will establish an anti-fraud checklist for high-risk activities and embed interventions in processes/systems, collaborating with SC Ops, System, & Innovation teams for implementation.
Develop and execute loss prevention strategy, scaled to program size for warehouses, PRO stores & POS outlets:
- You will take ownership of the 5S checklist, to adapt to changing operational contexts and ensuring team accountability for performance.
- You will Identify context- and cost-appropriate security measures and design/implement monthly or quarterly security audit procedures.
Oversee loss prevention special projects:
- You will research and develop tech solutions for inventory protection during distributions, and design an Inventory Security & Controls starter kit for pilot programs.
- You will develop trainings for shrink awareness and prevention in warehouses, PRO stores, and POS outlets.
You will develop, maintain, and improve training content (manuals, materials, interactive sessions), overseeing its rollout and adoption for the Global for our Sourcing Teams.
- Travel around East Africa may to implement projects and monitor adherence to policies may be required.
You will lead academy-style training and nurture capability growth for SC professionals:
- You will build and coach procurement, warehouse, and logistics professionals across operations.
- You will lead and enhance group trainings for supply chain staff in academy-style formats.
- You will establish capability networks and provide individual spot coaching for functional skills
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for. For this role specifically, you will have:
- Bachelor's Degree related field. Business, operations supply chain.
- Experience with SAP, ERP or related systems is preferred.
- Project management experience. Experience in scoping, implementing, and close out scoping projects.
- Humility. You combine leadership skills with patience and a humble approach to service.
- Experience with risk analysis, contingency planning, or loss prevention. Experience in roles related to Audit. Logistic roles, risk, and compliance are preferred.
- Proven experience to manage projects and communicate, both orally and in writing, technical and non-technical information to all organization levels.
Preferred Start Date
As soon as possible
Health insurance, housing, and comprehensive benefits
One Acre Fund can support a work permit for this role. However, nationals of (or those with an extensive professional background and work history in) our countries of operation are preferred.
01 May 2024
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here (firstname.lastname@example.org), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion (DEI), and anti-racism are deeply connected to our organization’s mission and purpose. One Acre Fund aspires to build a culture where all staff feel consistently valued, represented, and connected – so that our team can thrive as professionals, and achieve exceptional impact for the farmers we serve.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.