Reports to: Country Manager
Direct Reports: Customer Service Manager & Customer Experience Manager
The role holder’s main focus will be on ensuring smooth running of the daily business operations. He/she will do this through continuous improvement of our Company’s products and services quality standards, systems, policies and processes and driving strict adherence by all stakeholders. Additionally, he/she will be expected to manage the teams in operations to ensure desired work output and will also be expected to proactively provide insightful knowledge and recommendations to the management leading to continuous operational excellence.
Key Measures of Performance
The performance of this role holder will be assessed based on the achievements made on:
• Uptime of new and existing products
• Quality of the company’s products offering and service delivery
• Efficiency of operational policies, standards, & processes
• Budget management
• People management
• 3rd parties relationship management
1. Build and optimise scalable operational policies, quality standards & processes that are aligned to the business strategy and that ensure efficiency and excellent product offering and service delivery. This will be done through:
• Setting up of product & service level quality standards that are well communicated and tracked. Timely resolution of any shortfalls observed from set quality standards;
• Drafting of effective policies and processes for all operational support areas, that is, customer service, customer experience, product and services quality assurance; promoting awareness and driving strict adherence as well as addressing any shortfalls noted;
• Collaborate with the other HoDs to draft policies service level standards in their areas of operations and drive enforcement;
• Continuously performing audits of products, standards, processes and systems; identifying existing gaps / glitches; recommending appropriate interventions and leading in implementation of the changes;
• Delivering operational support training to roles within operations when required.
2. Oversee provision of on the ground support during new products, features and extensions go-live and major releases and events. This will be done through managing quality assurance for all products and systems by
• Ensuring successful UAT testing of the products and systems and timely communication and resolution of defects/concerns;
• Monitoring deployment of the products in collaboration with the technology team and monitoring product performance;
• Communicating glitches with relevant teams, tracking and coordinating all stakeholders during resolutions and escalating any unresolved concerns with necessary recommendations.
3. Overseeing existing Betika products and systems quality control through:
• Monitoring uptime of products and services and ensuring continuous testing of existing Betika products;
• Develop and continuously improve systems and processes for capturing and reporting service impact;
• Define and provide escalation mechanisms that allow for timely uptake of customer’s feedback as well as products and system glitches and gaps to relevant departments;
• Ensure strict follow through for issues and concerns raised in a timely manner. Also, escalate any unresolved issues to the management within the set timelines.
4. Forecast operational requirements; oversee the creation of budgets within the department and monitor the expenditures to ensure right spending; analyse variances, recommend and initiate corrective actions.
5. Manage 3rd party vendors, suppliers and stakeholder relationships for products and services utilized within the operations department to ensure they deliver maximum value.
6. Oversee the management of all Company retail outlets and identify business critical issues in order to ensure the alignment of tactics and strategies whilst maintaining the desired corporate identity.
7. Evaluate business operational performance by gathering, analysing and interpreting data and metrics for KPIs and recommending corrective measures to the Management.
8. Work with the HR team to recruit identified roles; Oversee the management of staff within the department and maintain strict discipline and good performance; train, mentor and motivate the team to achieve desired productivity and recommend initiatives that promote staff engagement.
9. Proactively assess the operating environment and alerting the legal team of any regulatory and business related risks or issues which they encounter with the customer’s operation or service.
10. Continuously scan the business operating environment to establish best practice and provide out of the box insights and recommendations to the Management leading to improvement of Betika’s products offering and service delivery.
11. Performance of any other related duty assigned by the line manager.
• Bachelor’s degree in business administration or related field. Master’s degree in business management or any related discipline, from a reputable institution is an added advantage.
• 8+ years of relevant work experience with 5+ years’ experience in team management and development in a customer facing support role.
• Strong general technical literacy and enthusiasm – Out of the box thinker who is able to solve practical problems quickly, and passionate about understanding new technologies and using them.
• Strong organization skills with the ability to handle multiple projects.
• Process driven individual with high levels critical thinking.
• Great communicator who is able to easily communicate complex concepts.
• Result oriented individual with great leadership skills and team playing abilities.
• An appreciation of working knowledge of industry regulations and legislative guidelines.
• General interest in sports betting.