RESPONSIBLE FOR: Oversight of All Hospital Operations and administrative duties
ACCOUNTABLE TO: HOSPITAL DIRECTORS
The Administrator will offer general oversight of the facility to ensure that it is running profitably, through enhanced customer care, meeting standards, controlling fraud, prudent cost management, collection of revenue and management of employees. He/she will ensure the facility is operating in an efficient manner, providing adequate medical treatment to patients, act as a liaison between governing boards, clinical staff members, and department heads to implement policies so that departments function as a whole.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Review hospital activities on a regular basis
- Structure and conduct training programs
- Recruitment, hiring and deployment of staff
- Develop employee work schedules
- Create organizational goals, design strategic work plans and monitor all hospital operations and processes
- Handle issues relating to patient and staff welfare
- Make key decisions concerning hospital operations
- Ensure equipment and employees meet legal regulations
- Be the public advocate for the hospital
- Attend social functions & create rapport with leaders and key stakeholders throughout the community
- Attend board meetings & participate in public health councils
- Ensure responsible management and security of all patient records
- Develop policies & procedures as well as ensure the implementation of the same
- Coordination of business functions
- Evaluate personnel and work quality
- Set rates for health care services provided by the facility
- Set measures for quality assurance, patient services and public relations
- Set, monitor and report on critical KPIs including patient turnaround, performance of business units, performance of individual employees and opportunities missed.
- Follow advances in healthcare technology and work to adapt new regulations as well as attain higher accreditation standards
1. Ability to plan, organize, supervise, coordinate and control all areas of health services, including human resources, finance and information technology and ensure compliance of all statutory guidelines and best practices in the medical industry.
2. Ability to manage relations with the public, media, County officials and all relevant bodies including KMPDB
3. Ability to work extra-long hours
4. Ability to stay calm under pressure and be able to teach by example.
5. Sound legal knowledge for compliance
6. Highly flexible to often changing regulations and laws and ability to create the need for new policy and new procedures implementations.
· Minimum of 8 years working experience in an Administrators position with 5 years in the capacity of a HOSPITAL Administrator.
QUALIFICATIONS: ACADEMIC & PROFESSIONAL
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in health administration, and or a bachelor’s degree in Business Management