Location: Nairobi, Karen
Department: Food & Beverage Service
Function: F&B Service
Reports to: Supervisor/Assistant Outlet Manager/Manager
- Preparing and organizing any related expenditures within the department.
- Ensuring all cost related expenses is well controlled. (Stationary and flowers)
- Purpose: Represent the hotel as the Ambassador welcoming guests in Hemingways Outlets.
- Assist the Supervisor, Assistant Manager and Outlet Manager to plan and organize the processes of welcoming and seating guests on daily basis and provides hands-on support to food and beverage colleagues Providing quality and speed of service that are consistent with Hotel operating procedures.
- To ensure the smooth and efficient running of the Department by coordinating reservations and special events, customer focused throughout and ensuring smooth operation.
- To always embrace the Hemingways policy.
- Represent the outlet with a genuine smile and greetings at the reception.
- Responsible for checking the room listings and escort the guests to the restaurant, lounge or to the bar.
- Offer newspapers and any such needs required by the guest.
- Well groomed as per company standards throughout the shift.
- Display friendly and pleasant attitude towards guests and colleagues.
- To follow proper payroll and uniform procedures.
- To open the restaurant for business at the prescribed time each shift.
- To inspect the cleanliness of each section of the dining room and make necessary improvements as well as check each table prior to opening to ensure its proper set up.
- To pick up the daily menus and insert them properly in their covers.
- To inspect every menu and list to ensure their immaculate condition and appearance.
- To develop a complete working knowledge of the menus, menu ingredients and what is unavailable for the day.
- To assign seating taking into account service standards.
- To know the server stations, their daily assignments, their personal timing patterns and their maximum workload capacity.
- To maintain a station chart and cover count for the restaurant.
- To ensure each guest receives fast and efficient service.
- Ensuring maximum flexibility and support is extended for any guest request
- To greet each guest promptly, courteously, graciously with eye contact, a smile and good posture.
- Ensure fondly bid farewell to every customer that departs the restaurant and invite them back.
- To handle guests without reservations or those waiting for others to join them.
- To handle lost and found items.
- To address guests by name whenever possible.
- To address guest dissatisfaction immediately and inform the manager of the action taken.
- To answer telephones according to Hemingways Nairobi standards and take reservations or provide information regarding the restaurant or any other hotel service.
- To anticipate the needs of guests while scanning the room constantly.
- To respond properly in any hotel emergency or safety situation.
- To perform other tasks or projects as assigned by hotel management.
- To identify potential problems and ask for assistance before breakdown occurs.
- To provide lateral service within the hotel whenever needed.
- To support with the service when required.
- Coordinate and respect decisions of the Supervisor.
- Collect guest preferences and communicate to all relevant teams.
- Maintain notice boards and files in the department.
- Check menus for cleanliness and quality.
- Keeps all documents well updated.
- Anticipate guest requests and act accordingly. (Special occasions, cancellations, vouchers and others)
- Support and assist the service team for additional tasks.
- Ensure side stations, menus, magazines and the hostess desk is clean and tidy before closing the shift.
- Do not leave the hostess desk unattended.
- Minimum 1-2 years of experience in 5 star hotel.
- Age between 21- 25 years preferably.
- Positive attitude and smile.
- Foreign language.
- Knowledge in food & beverage.
- Experience in similar positions in Kenya.
- Demonstrated experience working in a high volume, high pressure environment.
- Worked with multi cultures.
- Able to work outdoor and indoor.
- Experience working in the hospitality or other customer service related industry.
- Administrative skills, able to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Familiar with facilities management systems.
- Strong verbal and written English language skills.
- Email etiquettes.
- Customer service skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Knowledge in Micros and cashiering procedure.
- Complaint handling skills.
- Up selling skills.