Provide efficient and effective human resource delivery through the employee life-cycle
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:3 years
IsraAID is an Israel-based non-governmental organisation that was founded in 2001 and has since its inception worked in emergency and long-term development settings in over 55vcountries. IsraAID’s mission is to support people affected by humanitarian crises by partnering with local communities around the world to provide urgent aid, assist recovery, and reduce the risk of future disasters.
We are therefore seeking for experienced, self-motivated, a highly competent individual with exemplary ethical conduct to join our Kenya Programme as an HR and Admin Officer to be based between Nairobi and Kakuma.
- Provide efficient and effective human resource delivery through the employee life-cycle.
- Undertake the day to day implementation of the human resources functions and providing administrative support to the program ensuring the country office is well coordinated.
- Promote and share ideas for improvement of the support function.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Human Resource Management
- Maintain and IsraAID’s policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines by ensuring they are kept up to date within the relevant laws, regulations and in compliance with HQ requirements.
- Administer and ensure compliance of IsraAID policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Manage the recruitment process from advertising, shortlisting to the selection of suitable candidates in collaboration with relevant HQ and CO staff.
- Initiate staff contracts and preparation of Job Descriptions, in consultation with the Country Director.
- Coordinate the orientation and on-boarding process for new staff including coordination of a ‘buddy’ to assist them to adopt to the program culture and working environment.
- Prepare timely processing of the monthly payroll information to the Finance Department including statutory leave entitlements etc
- Manage staff remuneration and benefits in collaboration with the Country Director, ensuring alignment with government laws and regulations.
- Coordinate staff performance management including goal and other performance management processes through the line managers.
- Ensure effective, efficient and up to date personnel records and systematic filing of documents and that information is updated in the system.
- Ensuring confidentiality is maintained and adherence to the IsraAID HR manual and all related legal procedures.
- Responsible for down streaming and creation of awareness of the organisation policies to staff and oversee adherence.
- Lead staff welfare management and facilitate the process to support staff to deal with psycho-socio issues.
- Contact person for staff queries and inquiries concerning benefits and other statutory entitlements.
- Support the coordination of training in the country office and track staff development and annual and RnR leave plans.
- Prepare monthly HR metrics and reports including leave, performance management and staff statistics.
- Organise and coordinate wellness sessions for staff when needed.
- Ensure staff are properly equipped with working resources including computers/ laptops, printers and adequately equipped offices as per project needs.
- Manage basic office administration functions and the focal point for all operational needs for efficient office operations.
- Asset Management –ensuring that the assets of the organisation are identified, listed and maintained ensuring adherence to IsraAID asset management policies.
- Ensure regular service and repair of all office equipment eg computers, printers etc.
- Maintain the organisation’s leases, contracts, and renewals, ensuring that all leases are legally drawn up and are in force or ended on a timely basis.
- Provide administrative support to meet the needs of the office.
3. Coordination with external partners
- Manage relationships with any relevant service providers relating to Human Resources, in Kenya.
4. Compliance & Ethics
- Promote and encourage a culture of compliance and ethics.
- As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conduct work with the highest level of integrity.
- Communicate these values to staff and to partners and require them to adhere to these values.
- Understanding of and commitment to the principles of non-discrimination, local ownership, sustainability, inclusiveness, local partnership, do-no-harm, and apolitical approach; codes of conduct against sexual exploitation and abuse; and against child exploitation and modern slavery
- Commitment to abide by IsraAID’s and UN’s codes of conducts and principles.
- Commitment to humanitarian principles.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management, Management, Business Management or any relevant field of study.
- Minimum 3 years demonstrated working experience as an HR practitioner with demonstrated sound office administration management experience.
- Understanding of the relevant laws and statutory requirements.
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal.
- Previous experience working for INGO/NGO is an asset.
- Previous experience working in remote, complex and volatile contexts.
Specific skills and knowledge:
- Demonstrated experience and an understanding of Kenya’s Labour Law and all other statutory regulations.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to identify and analyse situations and make conclusions and recommendations to resolve same.
- Ability to innovate, think critically and engage in creating problem solving.
- Capacity to manage and prioritise a high workload and multiple tasks with tight deadlines.
- Approachable, diplomatic and able to work effectively in a diverse, cross-cultural team in a complex, multi-site work environment.
- Good cultural awareness and sensitivity.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office, and HR systems/databases.
How to apply
Please add the Job Title to the e-mail subject.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
Get Insured through mTek Services
You can explore medical and personal accident insurance covers conveniently. Compare pricing from various insurance companies, save, and budgetGet Insured