ICT System Administrator
Software & Data
The primary role of ICT Systems Administrator (ITSA) is to oversee and maintain all aspects of a Mercy Corps Kenya (Head office in Nairobi and all field offices) ICT Systems/infrastructure and effective programs to deliver programmatic impact through savvy application of technology. This includes maintaining networks, servers, and security programs and systems. ITSA manages the upgrade and installation of new hardware and software, performs troubleshooting to address any problems with computer systems, and assesses viruses and potential threats to the organization's network.
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:3 years
General Position Summary
The primary role of ICT Systems Administrator (ITSA) is to oversee and maintain all aspects of a Mercy Corps Kenya (Head office in Nairobi and all field offices) ICT Systems/infrastructure and effective programs to deliver programmatic impact through savvy application of technology. This includes maintaining networks, servers, and security programs and systems. ITSA manages the upgrade and installation of new hardware and software, performs troubleshooting to address any problems with computer systems, and assesses viruses and potential threats to the organization's network. S/he will support the use of email, creates and changes passwords, makes suggestions for improvements to computer systems, backup data, and performs data recovery if needed. Also, S/he is responsible for promoting ICT systems within Mercy Corps through research, training, webinars, and how-to guides and by building and managing an active ICT community of practice among team members. ITSA will coordinate with the Regional IT System Administrator, Operations Director, and other designated persons.
Essential Job Responsibilities
ICT Systems Administration
- Read and understand the Mercy corps IT Systems Policy on appropriate use. Orient staff on appropriate use and monitor user activities to ensure adherence to these policies.
- Conduct staff training on computer basics, office applications, and existing networks. Assist, as needed, with developing applications or databases for program and operational staff.
- Responsible use and confidentiality of any information identified as sensitive.
- Regularly update anti-virus programs and ensure the entire network and computers are virus-free.
- Ensure the Global IT Policy and IT Disaster Recovery plan is in place and implemented; coordinate with Internal Auditors on IT audit and compliance requirements.
- Under the guidance of the Regional IT Systems Administrator, undertake the repairing and maintaining of LAN-s, Managing Cisco Meraki Appliances, internet systems, and general IT maintenance and training– as per needs outlined by the Head of Office and Operations Manager.
- Oversee repair of computers and IT equipment at a local level, when possible - facilitate and advise on best, safest and most economical solutions in consultation with the Regional IT Systems Administrator.
- Maintain an efficient Local Area Network for Mercy Corps Kenya offices. Do not change the current design of configurations without written approval after analysis by the Regional IT Systems Administrator and the Head of Office. Current designs are appropriate for the programmatic needs for the office and any additions or changes require prior approval and planning.
- Identify equipment and accessories required for the smooth functioning of computers and IT equipment in Mercy Corps offices. Facilitate the purchase of items through the Procurement Department.
- Manage the creation and deactivation of staff email addresses as requested by HR department
- Assist in administration functions as needed; assist logistics staff in inventorying and tracking IT assets.
- Assist in identifying specifications, relocation, and assembly of any equipment including computers, printers, and accessories in all offices, as required.
- Collaborate with other African and Global IT Administrators in Knowledge sharing and support.
- Ensure that the Local or Online backup system is running smoothly by conducting regular backup checks and offsite backup for Local backup systems or make sure that staff store Mercy Corps data on their Online backup account for an Online backup system.
- Install and configure Cisco Meraki devices and also use the Meraki dashboard in managing, troubleshooting, and proactively preventing network downtimes.
- Provide end user support on M365 usage and troubleshooting. Work closely with the global M365 team in scheduling and hosting M365 training and webinars. Help in designing SharePoint structure for the country team and programs.
- Tracking key advances in technology and innovative applications to keep fresh and updated on latest developments. Understand emerging technology trends and potential organizational impacts.
- As part of our commitment to organizational learning and in support of our understanding that learning organizations are more effective, efficient, and relevant to the communities they serve, we expect all team members to commit 5% of their time to learning activities that benefit Mercy Corps as well as themselves.
Accountability to Beneficiaries
- Mercy Corps team members are expected to support all efforts towards accountability, specifically to our beneficiaries and to international standards guiding international relief and development work, while actively engaging beneficiary communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring, and evaluation of our field projects.
- Team members are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and MC's policies, procedures, and values always and in all in-country venues.
Knowledge and Experience
- A minimum of Three years’ experience in information technology systems (IT).
- A relevant university degree in computer sciences is desirable.
- Experience in both hardware and software requirements in local area networking (LAN); experience in the configuration of an internal email system as per the local area networking (LAN).
- Exclusive knowledge of Managing Cisco Meraki Appliances, a good understanding of firewall, traffic shaping and proxy, G Suite, TCPIP settings, Linux, and Windows applications, Microsoft O365 Suite, Web Application programing (Added Advantage), Data analysis and presentation (added advantage).
- Experience in upright maintenance of all internet accounts, Logins, and account status.
- Demonstrated attention to detail, ability to follow procedures, meet deadlines and work independently and cooperatively with team members is required.
- The ability to troubleshoot, plan and design minimal maintenance systems is necessary.
- Ability to troubleshoot and maintain both wireless and cable connections is required.
- Must understand, follow, and implement existing policies on IT equipment use and best practices
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
Get Insured through mTek Services
You can explore medical and personal accident insurance covers conveniently. Compare pricing from various insurance companies, save, and budgetGet Insured