1.1 Job Title: Infrastructure Manager
1.2 Division/Branch: Company Holdings Ltd
1.3 Department: Group IT Department
1.4 Unit: N/A
1.5 Reports to: Group IT Manager
1.6 Job Supervises: None
2.0 Job Purpose:
Responsible for Design, Installation and Support of all aspects of the company Local Area Network (LAN) and Wide Area Network (WAN) IT Infrastructure.
3.0 Key Responsibilities:
• Design, Installation, and support the company Corporate Infrastructure across the Corporate Wie Area Network.
• Design and deploy new company Networks as needed in line with AFG Group Standards.
• Install and maintain the company network Infrastructure Devices including Physical and VM Servers, switches, routers, firewalls, and their necessary peripheral devices.
• Lead in installation and support of end-user computing Hardware and Software Infrastructure including end-user PC’s, Hand-held Devices, and printing devices.
• Maintain optimal performance of the corporate Internet and MPLS connectivity and the supporting infrastructure.
• Design, Installation, Maintenance, and support of the corporate Wireless Network Infrastructure.
• Deployment and maintenance of security devices and patches on various infrastructure equipment on the corporate network.
• Evaluate and modify Network performance on regular basis; perform Network Infrastructure optimizations for optimal performance in support of the business.
• Manage the user authentication and authorization within the company infrastructure.
• Assist the IT Management in evaluation of emerging corporate network and security infrastructure products and technologies.
• Ensure internet/network connectivity for vehicle diagnostics equipment in all service workshops.
• Perform general Infrastructure tasks as required by the IT Management.
4.0 Academic and Professional Qualification
• Bachelor’s degree in IT / Electronics Engineering, or related field with a focus on Networks and/or Systems Infrastructure OR Diploma in IT/Computer Science plus 10 years of Network and Systems Infrastructure Support within a large Corporate Network.
• Relevant Professional Certifications in Network Administration
• Minimum 6 years’ experience in IT/Network Infrastructure Design, Installation, Maintenance & Support on a large Corporate Network
6.0 Knowledge and Skills
• Form knowledge of IT Infrastructure / Architecture design and deployment within a corporate network.
• Firm understanding of major Enterprise Network Infrastructure protocols.
• Good knowledge of server Operating Systems Database management systems
• Good working knowledge of Virtualizations Solutions including.
• Demonstrate good knowledge in design and support of Storage Systems.
• Knowledge of the IP addressing, subnetting and Routing concepts
• Good knowledge of corporate switching networks including configuration & VLAN setup on Corporate Networks.
• Good knowledge of DHCP, DNS, Proxy, and Terminal Servers on Windows
• Interest and Ability to learn new skills to keep abreast of new technologies.
• Ability to Interface with business unit managers to define infrastructure support initiatives and solutions for improving service efficiency and effectiveness.
• Good people management skills
• Ability to work and deliver under tight deadlines.
• Demonstrate good attention to detail.
• Good logical thinking with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Good written and spoken communication skills.
• Good Interpersonal and customer service skills