The successful candidate will be responsible for the helpdesk requests resolution, assisting end users working in the field, office and from home with resolving computer software and hardware problems and supporting circuit rides including audio-visual teleconferencing refugee processing support.
• Achieve and maintain a thorough knowledge and adherence to established organizations policies and procedures regarding ICT systems management.
• Respond to and resolve help desk requests within the stipulated timelines, provide first line IT support and when needed assists the IT support specialist in manning the IT helpdesk system.
• Plan for and deliver IT training to existing and new Africa staff in coordination with the Training department.
• Work with the IT Support supervisor and specialists in analyzing helpdesk data to make inferences on training and technological needs.
• Conduct field processing circuit rides preparation, deployment, simulation and remote staff support, including audio-visual teleconferencing support in the office and in the field.
• Travel to remote locations for systems, equipment and staff support.
• Collaborate with and support the Africa sub-office IT Officers in their various IT tasks and projects.
• Work with and assist the other IT specialists and contractors on various IT repairs, maintenance, upgrades and other IT tasks and projects.
• Work closely with the Property Assistants to ensure that they keep and track an updated IT equipment inventory and that there is a constant supply of all IT equipment/resources needed to support staff.
• When needed, cover the responsibilities of the other IT Specialists and executes other IT tasks as assigned by the Supervisor or IT Management.
• Bachelor’s Degree in IT related field.
• Other advanced professional training in IT related field is preferred.
• Two years’ experience in managing and maintaining computer networks, preferably Windows based networks, is preferred.
• Knowledge in networking (LAN, WLAN and VPN), especially with Cisco managed devices (Firewalls, Routers and switches).
• Strong troubleshooting and IT problems solving skills in a Windows based environment and willingness to constantly renew required knowledge.
• Strong knowledge of using and managing IT Helpdesk.
Monthly Gross Salary: Open depending on skills and experience.
Career Level: Lower Mid-Level.
Location: Nairobi, Kenya.
Deadline: 8th July 2021.
We endeavour to make contact with all of our applicants, but unfortunately high volumes of applications make this unrealistic. If you do not hear from us within two weeks your application has not been successful on this occasion. This does not mean you will not be considered for future roles so please keep an eye on our job board and apply for positions that match your skills and experience.
*** Summit Recruitment & Search, as a policy, does not charge any fee as a pre-employment or post-employment requirement***