The successful candidate will be responsible for studying recipes, setting up menus and preparing high-quality dishes. Must be deft in moving around the kitchen and apt in multi-tasking. Experience in using various ingredients and cooking techniques is also important. The desired candidate Must have at least 3 years’ experience as a Chef.
• Set up workstations with all needed ingredients and cooking equipment.
• Prepare ingredients to use in cooking (chopping and peeling vegetables, cutting meat etc.)
• Cook food in various utensils or grillers.
• Ensure great presentation by dressing dishes before they are served.
• Keep a sanitized and orderly environment in the kitchen.
• Ensure all food and other items are stored properly.
• Check the quality of ingredients.
• Monitor stock and place orders when there are shortages.
• Maintain a lean and orderly cooking station and adhere to health & safety standards.
• Diploma in Culinary Science or relevant field.
• A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role.
• Experience creating international dishes.
• Must be conversant with vegetarian dishes.
• Strong knowledge of cooking methods, kitchen equipment, and best practices.
• Teamwork-oriented with outstanding leadership abilities.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• In depth knowledge of sanitation principles, food preparation and nutrition
• Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to work cohesively as part of a team.
• Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times.
Monthly Gross Salary: Ksh. 35,000 – 45,000 /= (Approx. 350 - 450 USD Depending on skills and experience).
Career Level: Junior Level.
Education: Diploma Certificate.
Location: Nairobi, Kenya.
Deadline: 14th May 2021.
We endeavour to make contact with all of our applicants, but unfortunately high volumes of applications make this unrealistic. If you do not hear from us within two weeks your application has not been successful on this occasion. This does not mean you will not be considered for future roles so please keep an eye on our job board and apply for positions that match your skills and experience.
*** Summit Recruitment & Search, as a policy, does not charge any fee as a pre-employment or post-employment requirement***