ROLE: Learning and Development Manager
REPORTING TO: Chief Human Resources Officer
DEPARTMENT: Human Resources
COMPANY VISION: To be the LION of the Plastics Industry in Africa
COMPANY MISSION: To achieve our vision we will
1. Build a Best in Class Company with A-Players who live our Core Values, apply Lean Excellence in all Processes, invest in Market Leading Technology, practice Great Governance
2. Become a Market Share Leader with Focus on Creating More Value for Customers, Fanatical Customer Relationships & Market Leading Product Innovation; and Focus on Market Share of Profit & Cash Flow, not just Sales & Tonnage
3. Reach Customers Across Africa by Building a Strategic Network of Manufacturing Hubs & Partner Spokes to serve customers across Africa; and Becoming an Export Oriented Business with Strong Local Presence in each Country
Overall Objective of the Job
Oversee all Training, Learning and development programmes, developing and implementing learning strategies and programs such as e-learning courses, career succession plans, workshops etc; to facilitate the enhancement of skills, competencies and knowledge of employees, that are critical to helping our company grow and scale as an organization.
1. Skills and Competency Development
● Conduct a skills audit to align employees’ career development programs with the desired business strategy of the company;
● Design and implement skills development and training programmes for all levels of staff;
● Work with outsourced training Consultants to implement approved programs as per curriculum, monitor delivery of training and evaluate impact to ensure an optimal ROI.
● Plan and monitor LD budget for the above programs and ensure that they are within approved limits;
Skills & competence matrix mapping.
Increased staff productivity due to an improvement in their competencies.
Achieve 80% ROI on approved training budget
100%Training of staff as per approved training calendar
2. Recruitment & Selection, Onboarding
● Drive recruitment initiatives for junior and middle management positions. Guide interviews process for the selection and recruitment of new employees;
● Plan and manage induction and onboarding programs for new staff and interns; and
● Roll out of the buddy onboarding program
Staff costs budget control
Turnaround time to fill vacant management positions < 1 Month
Streamlined staff onboarding process with a reduced learning curve duration
3. Performance Management
In liaison with the Group CHRO:
● Lead the implementation of the Company’s performance management system based on approved individual performance Rating Criteria.
● Coordinate performance management programs for the company
● Enhance knowledge and capacity of Managers in conducting performance appraisals for their staff and in the use approved performance management tool;
● Monitor staff productivity and measures to ensure compliance and development of a highly productive workforce
Develop a high performance work culture with optimal staff productivity.
Achievement of company budget and strategic goals.
5. Talent Pipeline Development
● In liaison with Chief HR Officer, design and implement appropriate strategies to ensure a steady talent pipeline for Key Role Positions across tall locations;
● In liaison with Chief HR Officer, develop leadership development programmes and monitor effectiveness for optimal ROI
Increased internal promotions due to the existence of a talent pipeline of staff in key roles.
Improved staff and company performance.
6. Organizational Development
● Develop organizational change management capabilities and implement and support relevant change management initiatives.
● Develop and enforce mentoring and coaching programs for the employees;
● Coordinate career development programs for staff to improve their competences and performance;
● Guide staff on career development and advancement in their respective fields;
Staff alignment to the right culture due to the implementation of Change Management programs and initiatives.
Key roles staff retention due to career growth within our company
Clearly defined career for our company growth matrix
7. Graduate/ Internship and Apprenticeship Programs
● In liaison with the Chief HR Officer, coordinate management of the graduate trainee , internship and apprenticeship programs
Availability of a talent pool for quick recruitment.
8. E-learning & Knowledge Management Program
In liaison with the Senior Systems Administrator, identify viable relevant knowledge management and elearning solutions to support the learning and development function in the company.
Increased and improved company Knowledge on policies, processes and role specific learning materials.
9. General Administration
● Coordinate and supervise the management and maintenance of staff contracts, personnel files and other employee information at SCSO.
● Coordinate and supervise the management of staff leave processes at SCSO.
Effective Leave Utilization
Efficient HR processes.
ACADEMIC & PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATION
● Degree in Education, Organizational Development or HRM;
● Higher Diploma in Human Resources/CHRP
● Member of IHRM
● Train of Trainers Certification
RELEVANT KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
● 7-10 years’ work experience; three years as a Learning & Development specialist.
● Experience in the Service/Manufacturing/FMCG industry is preferred.
● Knowledge of working with HR systems/ softwares
● Strong Time and Priorities Management Skills.
● Comprehensive understanding of all the HR functions with the ability to develop, implement and coordinate various initiatives in each of these functions.
● Experience in curriculum and content development
● Significant work experience as a trainer, coach, or training facilitator, preferably in a large corporate environment.
● Significant experience in budget design, implementation and monitoring.
● Curriculum Development
● Content/Module Development and Management
● Planning and organizing skills
● Strong leadership and management skills;
● Expertise in Microsoft Office Suite, including PowerPoint, Outlook, Word, and Excel
● Excellent presentation, report writing and research skills
● Excellent interpersonal, presentation, oral and written communication skills;
● Excellent relationship building skills;
● Passion for learning & development
● Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
● Ability to handle multiple assignments and prioritize work