Role: Management Trainee
Job location: Nairobi HQ
Responsible for working alongside managers and accepting delegated responsibilities and duties with the goal of eventually becoming a manager.
The trainee will rotate to different company departments to learn all company functions, policies, and staff duties, contribute to strategic planning and help evaluate department performance (e.g. analyzing, writing reports).
· Help managers complete all assigned tasks/projects and assisting with day-to-day operations.
· Participating in meetings, workshops, and other learning opportunities.
· Observing and learning from experienced staff members.
· Understand each department’s daily processes and goals.
· Provide administrative support (e.g. data entry)
· Gaining knowledge of company policies, protocols, and processes.
· Taking detailed notes and liaising with Managers, Supervisors, and other senior staff.
· Fulfilling any requirements and meeting goals set out at the start of the traineeship.
· Preparing documents and updating records.
· continuously share knowledge and learning with mentors
Qualification and requirements
§ A minimum of Bachelor’s degree, Second-class honors in any of the following disciplines or equivalent from a recognized University;
§ Project Management, Accounting, Human Resources, ICT, Legal, Marketing, Supply Chain & Communication.
§ Demonstrable relevant leadership capabilities through roles undertaken at school or community level;
§ Must have graduated within the last five (5) years
§ Be no more than thirty (30) years of age; and
§ Significant progress towards a professional qualification will be an added advantage.
· Ability to engage in effective and persuasive negotiations
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of cultures in a diverse community
· Exceptional time management and organizational skills required
· Ability to make effective presentations
· Excellent verbal communication and listening skills