POSITION OF MANAGING DIRECTOR (MD) GRADE 1
The University of Nairobi Enterprises and Services (UNES) is a Limited Company registered under the Company Act, Laws of Kenya, in 1996. UNES is wholly owned by the University of Nairobi as a State Corporation. UNES is mandated to undertake Consultancy and other commercial activities on behalf of the University of Nairobi. The Board seeks to fill the position of Managing Director with a suitable candidate.
The Managing Director shall be responsible for provision of Strategic leadership and overall management of the Company and its resources. His/her will work closely with the Board of Directors and Management Team to achieve the set goals, strategies, plans and policies of the Company; identification and sourcing for new Consultancy Projects and other business ventures.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
As the Chief Accounting Officer of the Institution, the duties and responsibilities of the Managing Director shall entail: –
- Leading in developing and translating corporate strategy into practical implementation plans via consulting internally and externally to ensure actions accurately reflect UNES vision, mission and aspirations for excellence for the benefit of stakeholders and the University;
- Promoting Entrepreneurial culture within the company and the wider University community
- Support staff in attitude change and mindset for Income generation to support the Company and the University;
- Ensuring efficient utilization of company resources for Profitability and Business growth, help Identifying and developing new business ideas;
- Establishing and promoting strategic linkages with internal and external stakeholders;
- Overseeing the preparation, implementation and monitoring of the annual budget to ensure that budget targets are met, revenue inflows are maximized and that fixed costs are minimized;
- Represents the company in negotiations with Customers, Suppliers, Government Departments and other key contacts to secure the most effective contract terms for the company;
- Developing and maintaining quality management systems throughout the company to ensure that the best possible products and services are provided to customers;
- Overseeing the development and implementation of policies and procedures to ensure that the company complies with all legal and statutory regulations;
- Overseeing the development and implementation of an effective and efficient performance management framework for delivering the key priorities determined in strategic and corporate plan;
- Overseeing the activities of all Units at UNES;
- Ensuring effective mobilization and utilization of resources to support implementation of the Strategic Plan; and
- Performing any other duties necessary for the furtherance of the mission, vision and objectives of the Company.
To be considered in this position, the Candidate MUST meet the following:
- Be a Kenyan Citizen.
- Hold a Bachelor’s Degree from a Recognized Institution with Second Class Upper Division and above.
- Hold a Master’s Degree from Recognized institution.
- A Doctorate degree from a recognized institution will be an added advantage.
- Have a leadership and management training from a recognized institution.
- Demonstrate results in work performance including resource mobilization and establishment of partnership and collaborations.
- At least ten (10) years’ work experience in Consultancy business or any business lines pursued by UNES.
- Fulfilled the requirements of Chapter 6 of the Constitution of Kenya.
CORE COMPETENCE AND SKILLS
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strategic and innovative thinking.
- Ability to mobilize resources.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in IT application.
- Strong leadership and negotiation skills.
TERMS OF SERVICE
The Managing Director should hold office for a period of three years renewable for one further term.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
Remuneration for this position includes: –
- A basic salary as guided by the Salaries and Remuneration Commission (SRC) and State Corporation Advisory Committee (SCAC).
- Allowances and benefits which shall be based on the prevailing circulars from the Salaries and Remuneration Commission (SRC).
HOW TO APPLY
- Interested candidates with the required skills, qualifications and appropriate experience should submit their applications in both soft and hard copy to UNES.
- All applications submitted shall include a cover letter, a detailed CV, a copy of ID/Passport, A copy of academic and certificates professional certificates, testimonials and any other relevant supporting documents.
- All applicants should obtain and submit the following: –
- Kenya Revenue Authority Tax Compliance Certificate;
- Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI) – Certificate of Good Conduct;
- Certificate from the Ethics and Anticorruption Commission;
- Higher Education Loans Board Clearance Certificate; and
- Certificate from the Credit Reference Bureau Certificate (CRB).
- Online applications should be submitted via e-mail to: email@example.com with the subject “Application for Position of Managing Director (MD – UNES/01/2021)”
- Manual Applications should be submitted in a sealed envelope clearly marked “Application for position of Managing Director (MD – UNES 02/2021)” either via hand delivery to UNES Head Offices along Kolobot Drive off State House road/Arboretum Drive or Via post office box addressed to:
Chairman of the Board
University of Nairobi Enterprises and Service (UNES) Limited
P.O. Box 68241-00200
- The advert is also downloadable at www.unes.co.ke.
- Shortlisted candidates will be required to present the Originals of the National ID, Academic and Professional Certificates, Clearance Certificates from various bodies i.e. KRA, HELB, DCI and other testimonials.
- All applications should reach the Chairperson not later 25th March, 2021.
- Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Women and Persons with Disability are encouraged to apply.
- UNES Limited is an equal opportunity employer.
- CANVASSING WILL LEAD TO AUTOMATIC DISQUALIFICATION