Reporting To: CEO
Direct reports: CEO
The role is split into five key areas: people, core operations, budgets, project delivery and strategy.
The people and core operations responsibilities include resourcing, recruitment and financial and IT processes. This is linked to the budgeting aspects of the role, in which includes management of margins, costs, budgeting and forecasting. This also includes overseeing all internal teams setting up feedback loops that inform the business’s response to the market
Project delivery functions include delivery assurance, quality assurance, client service delivery and relationship management; Strategy responsibilities include working closely with the CEO in planning and strategy support
• Work with the closely with the CEO and board of directors to determine implement Taxiye vision, and plan for short and long-term goals.
• Provide inspired leadership for the organization.
• Make policy, planning, and strategy decisions.
• Develop, implement and review operational policies and procedures.
• Resource planning.
• Help promote a organization culture that encourages an agile culture, top performance and high morale.
• Oversee budgeting, reporting, planning, and auditing.
• Work with senior stakeholders.
• Ensure all legal and regulatory documents are filed and monitor compliance with laws and regulations.
• Identify and address problems and opportunities for Taxiye.
• Build alliances and strategic partnerships with other organizations.
• Support staff communication through out the organization.
Day to day activities:
• Ensure all operations are carried on in an appropriate, cost-effective way
• Improve operational management systems, processes and best practices
• Purchase materials, plan inventory and oversee supplies efficiency
• Help the organization’s processes remain legally compliant
• Formulate strategic and operational objectives
• Examine financial data and use them to improve profitability
• Manage budgets and forecasts
• Perform quality controls and monitor KPIs
• Recruit, train and supervise staff
• Find ways to improve quality of customer service
• Masters in Business, Operations Management or related field
• Bachelor Business, Operations Management or related field and 7 years experience
Core Skills & Competencies:
1. "Big picture" thinking, which is key to addressing top-level concerns and finding the best path forward from all of the available data
2. Interpersonal skills: needs to possess the ability to build positive interactions with customers and partners.
3. Innovative skills: need to be innovative and have the ability to think outside the proverbial box.
4. Analytical skills: the role requires someone who can analyze different scenarios, who can apply critical thinking to any given situation and have the ability to make appropriate decisions for each situation.
5. Ability to solve problems: it’s very essential for the role to be able to confront compound difficulties head-on as they occur.
6. Commercial intelligence: it is very important for the role to recognise the connection between Taxiye’s fiscal behaviour and open market demands.
Background / Experience:
• Experience in management, operations, and leadership.
• Understanding of general finance and budgeting, including profit and loss, balance sheet and cash-flow management
• Solid understanding of financial management.