The successful candidate will be supervising daily activities of underwriting,
claims, point of sales' contact persons, formulate marketing and business
strategies geared towards awareness and business growth.
- Ensuring all underwriting and claims procedures, manuals and SLAs are in place and adhered to.
- Review all underwriting policy documentation to ensure clients are sufficiently covered.
- Developing and ensuring adherence of business acquisition, renewal, and retention strategies.
- Generating and maximizing growth on the existing business partners.
- Ensure that all claims and claim inquiries are addressed as per the SLA timelines.
- Develop procedures & product manuals and ensure quality control in all aspects of business processing as stipulated in the procedures & product manuals.
- Comprehensive analysis of prospect's proposals to ensure competitiveness and sufficiency of cover on key accounts and corporates/group/business partners.
- Training, coaching & developing underwriting/claims and point of sales contact persons.
- Connect execution to the strategic organizational goals.
- Execute business and operating model improvement projects and programmes.
- Follow up on sector evolutions to understand current and future challenges in developing long-lasting client relationships.
- Must have a bachelor’s degree in a business-related field.
- Dip. CII/IIK or its recognized equivalent.
- Must have at least 5 years’ experience in a similar position.
- Must have experience in the insurance sector.
- Project management and organizational skills.
- Strong problem solving and change management skills.
- Strong conceptual and analytical skills.
Salary: Kshs. 250,000 – 280,000 (Approx. 2,500 – 2,800 USD) depending
on skills and experience.
Career Level: Upper Mid-level.
Location: Nairobi, Kenya.
Deadline: 5th November 2020.
We endeavour to make contact with all of our applicants, but unfortunately high volumes of applications make this unrealistic. If you do not hear from us within two weeks your application has not been successful on this occasion. This does not mean you will not be considered for future roles so please keep an eye on our job board and apply for positions that match your skills and experience.
*** Summit Recruitment & Search, as a policy, does not charge any fee as a pre-employment or post-employment requirement***