• Perform construction and maintenance of OSP infrastructure according to industry standards.
• Maintain safety and security of OSP facility.
• Determine scope, budget and schedules for OSP projects.
• Monitor and control expenses within allotted budget.
• Communicate project status to Managers on weekly basis.
• Complete the assigned projects within the defined scope and timelines.
• Develop engineering specifications and follow engineering standards for assigned projects.
• Perform route analysis and develop aerial and underground fiber route maps.
• Handle fiber verification and mapping activities.
• Maintain records of fiber splicing and topography.
• Develop mitigation and restoration procedures for emergencies conditions such as fiber damages, power failures and other disasters.
• Use CAD and other software to develop engineering designs.
• Provide job trainings to staffs to achieve project goals.
• Perform routine inspection of OSP networks.
• Get state and local permits as required to execute OSP projects.
• BS/BA with preference to Civil, Construction, or Electrical, Engineering Degrees
• One (1) to three (3) years’ fiber engineering and construction management experience or equivalent
• One (1) to three (3) years’ field construction management experience with preference to both outside plant and inside plant fiber construction
• Analytical Skills - Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
• Goal Oriented - Ability to focus on a goal and obtain a pre-determined result.
• Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
• Organized - Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
• Communication, Written - Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
• Active Listening - Ability to actively attend to, convey, and understand the comments and questions of others.
• Problem Solving - Ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems.
• Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
• Customer Oriented - Ability to take care of the customers’ needs while following company procedures.
• Friendly - Ability to exhibit a cheerful demeanor toward others. Working Under Pressure - Ability to complete assigned tasks under stressful situations.
• Working Under Pressure - Ability to complete assigned tasks under stressful situations.