Job Title: Procurement Officer
Reports: Chief Accountant
Main Duties and Responsibilities: -
1. Manage end to end supply chain process for all hospital supplies.
2. Support in the development of processes to ensure compliance related to key supply chain requirements such as quality control, proper storage, and distribution.
3. Provide technical advice and guidance about drug procurement process, sourcing information, and review large orders placed by relevant departments to minimize inappropriate procurement.
4. Demonstrate expertise in supplier credit contract negotiations and cost management.
5. Ensure supplier relationship management to continually identify process improvements and cost reduction opportunities.
6. Monitor and forecast upcoming levels of demand and track inventory levels
7. Lead in suppliers’ selection and pre-qualification process when necessary
8. Conduct/organize and plan for monthly stock takes and submit all the necessary reports including explanation for any variances.
Additional Skills and Behavior Traits:
• Must have high integrity
• Must be self-disciplined and capable of taking instructions
• Possess efficient time management skills
• Experience in sourcing pharmaceuticals products
• Experience in pharmaceutical logistics and supply chain systems in developing contexts
• Successful experience in audit/assessments and the implementation of supply chain management improvements
• Knowledge of developments and trends within a hospital setting
• Knowledge of Hospital supply chain systems.
• Excellent problem solving and negotiation skills.
• Knowledge of Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Word as well as experience implementing and using procurement systems.
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
• A Diploma holder preferably in Procurement equivalent qualification
• Vast pharmaceutical products knowledge
• At least 2 years working experience in a similar position
How to Apply
• Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications on or before 26th October, 2020 at 5.00 pm.
• Only short listed and successful candidates will be contacted
• Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification
• Short listed candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and transcripts during interviews.