Connecting Africans to Opportunities.
The successful candidate will work with job seekers to write their curriculum vitae and cover letters . Your role is also to advocate for the brand on all social platforms plus the corporate blog and to connect and engage with potential clients, through content marketing.
Reporting into Head of Operations and Experience
Direct Reports None
1. Professional Writer Functions
• Fully rewrite CVs for clients–revising the format, content, and writing style–to develop a new, effective CV based on their qualifications and career goals.
• Discuss career gaps with job seekers and clear up missing links to aid in writing and improving CV drafts.
• Ensure that the rewritten CVs match the responsibilities of the types of jobs that the job seeker would like to apply to.
• Fulfill assignments within the set turnaround time for each project and ideally be able to take multiple projects at once
• Report on progress of service delivery on a weekly basis in the Service Delivery Tracker
2. Content Marketer Functions
• Communicate with colleagues and share insights on Slack
• Utilise Trello to update task status
• Regular coordination and training with direct reports
• Coordinate with design team on visual assets for content
• Coordinate with PR team for sponsored content
• On time execution of social posting schedule
• Manage chat app subscriber lists and alerts
• React to and manage mentions
• Write articles in line with editorial calendar and marketing playbook
• Research market relevant topics & contribute ideas to editorial calendar
• Write engaging onpage SEO text based on established guidelines
• Execute internal linking strategies to optimise conversion paths
• Brief graphics for content pieces with clearly specify requirements to design team
• Assist with content and social media ideation for campaigns
• Update Community Master as required
• Analyse KPIs performance and optimise over time
• Community Marketing Manager
• Head of Operations and Experience
• PR Coordinators
• Offline Managers
• Graphic Designers
• Customer Service Advisor (Acquisition)
• Customer Service Advisor (Support)
Key skills and Competencies
• Be an exceptional writer
• Degree in Communication or any other business related field with a minimum of Diploma in HR .
• Have 3 years and above relevant work experience, where two years should be in writing articles and social media management and at least 1 year of experience writing CVs.
• Expert at using Microsoft Office (especially Microsoft Word)
• Obsessed with details and you have a passion for helping others reach their goals.
• Professional courses on Copywriting/ Content Writing will be an added advantage.
• Strong and empathetic communicator and collaborator
• Be a self-starter with superb time management and organization skills