We are looking for a skilled butcher to provide high quality meat and services to our customers. The butcher will perform quality inspections, use meat grinders, knives, saws, and other tools to cut meat into smaller portions, weigh, price, and package cuts, and ensure that displays and signage are attractive and eye catching.
You will also speak to customers to determine their needs. You should be courteous, knowledgeable, and detail- oriented. You should have excellent communication skills and a strong understanding of meat quality, cuts, and preparation
You will have the chance to use your profound knowledge of preparing meats for cooking to reduce the workload of our clients once they have purchased their high-quality selections. You will also educate others on the best way to prepare and cook the prime cuts.
`Job Title : Retail Butcher
Location : Nairobi & Kisumu
Term of Service : 3-months’ probation period, renewable to 1-year contract upon satisfactory performance.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES.
• Cuts, grinds, and prepares meat for consumers
• Listens to customers and answers their questions related to the services provided to them
• Displays prices, weighs, packages, and displays meats
• Follows up with rules, regulations and other relevant laws guiding livestock production and sales in the geographical area.
• Offers meaningful advice to customers on how to preserve meats they don’t intend using the same day
• Inspects meats and other related products brought for processing or sales to ensure they are safe for consumption
• Keeps records, budgets, and inventory of the business
• Cleans the meat preparation counter to avoid contamination of the meats
• Educates customers on their choice of meat to satisfy their meat desires
• Uses butchery tools to cut, grind, tie, and prepare meets for customers
• Cut meats and puts them into good arrangement for easy identification and selection by customers
• Cleaning and maintaining tools and equipment and ensuring displays and signage are accurate and attractive.
• Weighing, packaging, pricing, and displaying products.
• Performing quality inspections on meats.
• Negotiating and confirming orders with suppliers.
• Adhering to food safety and sanitation.
• Coordinating deliveries or order pickups.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS.
• 1 to 2 years’ experience as a butcher.
• Knowledge of meat preparation and cuts.
• A diploma is a requirement
• A degree/ diploma/ certificate in Food Science/Services or coursework in a reputable culinary institute is an added advantage.
• Proven previous experience in the similar role.
• Knowledge of food safety.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Great attention to detail. This is needed to ensure that what is given to customers is exactly what they demanded or ordered for.
• He/she should have good energy level to keep up with the demands of the job.
• Excellent personal hygiene: The butcher should be able to keep themselves and the meat preparation counter hygienic and clean to ensure that meats are safe for consumption
• Customer service skills: This is needed to keep in touch with customers, taking their orders and knowing how they want their orders delivered to them.
• Professionalism: He/she should go about this job with utmost sense of purpose and understanding of the demands of the butchery job.
Interested candidates should submit their applications via "Apply Now Button".
*Attach a copy of your CV, National ID, and copies of your academic certificates.