REPORTING TO JOB HOLDER: All Accountants in the Finance Department as their JD
REPORTING TO: Finance Manager
OVERALL JOB PURPOSE
To assist the finance manager in the department's day-to-day activities including standing in for him in his absence while performing his/her assigned duties per his /her Job description below to ensure a smooth running of the finance department while ensuring full compliance with all regulatory government agencies.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
• Good Academic and professional accounting qualifications.
• Minimum experience of 3years in the same position.
• Good Supervisory and Managerial skills.
• Good Analytical, Presentation, and Communication Skills.
• Proficiency in written and spoken English.
• Good computer skills, especially Microsoft Office Packages and a Fully Integrated ERP System.
• People Management skills and Ability to mentor and empower other staff.
• Ability to work with other departments in the company and branches..
KEY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Assist the Finance manager through liaison with other accountants and ensure timely and accurate preparation of monthly, quarterly, and yearly management and financial reports.
• Work with the stock accountant and the branch managers in stock management, formulate and implement appropriate stock management procedures
• Work with the payable accountant and ensure that all Trade Creditors accounts are reconciled and outstanding items cleared by the 20th day of the following month.
• Assist the finance manager in the monthly, quarterly, and yearly verification of the validity and accuracy of all financial and management reports and the accompanying supporting report schedules and ensure that they comply with both company management reports as well international financial reporting guidelines (financial statement threshold of existence, rights and obligations, occurrence, completeness, valuation, measurement and fair presentation and disclosure).
• Assist the finance manager in carrying out all post-reports (management/financial reports) preparations activities, including a comprehensive analysis of reports/budgets, investigations of reports/budgets variances, and issuance recommendation corrective measures/action.
• Assist the finance manager in overseeing all interim and annual financial audits (external), ensuring compliance to company policies, government legislation, and international financial reporting standards.
• Ensuring that all statutory returns and taxes are dully prepared, checked, approved, and timely filed.
• Advice and help implement changes to the finance department’s procedures to ensure continuous improvement and efficiency.
• Help finance manager in Planning, organizing, and managing the operations and activities of reporting function and overseeing the work of the finance department.
• Assist the finance manager in liaison with the other departmental heads in developing and reviewing company budget versus actuals.
• Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Finance manager or Director.
COMMUNICATION AND WORKING RELATIONSHIPS:
• Branch managers
• All Other Departments