Senior Engineering Manager
Software & Data
A proven and demonstrable track record for leading software engineering teams. Previous experience as a software engineer in a team environment.
- Minimum Qualification:Unspecified
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:5 years
What would you do at Prisma?
Prisma's growth to the position of default ORM in the TypeScript environment hinges upon the ORM Team's commitment to providing an exceptional developer experience, as well as their capacity to harmoniously combine the introduction of new features with the maintenance of our developer community through bug fixes and other quality enhancements. Your charter will be to lead this team, give them structure and have them execute flawlessly on the defined product roadmap. We anticipate you to be responsible for:
- People: Empower your engineering team to deliver a high level of technical quality and impact and ensure that the members of your team have what they need to do their best work.This includes giving constructive feedback, creating opportunities for them to learn, grow and be challenged, clarity on why their work matters and how it connects to our company-wide KPIs. We believe that starting with the people is the way to build effective and healthy teams.
- Process: Implement and improve our development processes and technical practices. We're sticklers for optimization, if it can be done better, we strive to find that method. You will lead engineering team meetings to plan and prioritize work, run retrospectives to identify improvements, define policies to improve communication, collaboration, and quality.
- Delivery: Success for your team means predictable delivery of valuable high quality software at a sustainable pace. You will work closely with the ORM Product Manager to balance product initiatives, agree on a roadmap and deliver technical improvements.
An Ideal Candidate Profile
We believe the right candidate for this position should meet a majority of the criteria listed below.
- A proven and demonstrable track record for leading software engineering teams.
- Previous experience as a software engineer in a team environment.
- Applied knowledge of agile project and team management.
- High standards for quality, balanced with pragmatism and a sense of purpose.
- Focused on helping your team understand the why.
- Experience shipping Open Source libraries.
- You can communicate fluently in English and can express your thoughts clearly in writing.
- You enjoy working closely with your peers and proactively seek to help others.
- You seek feedback early and often and are not afraid to ask for help.
- You are structured in your thought process, plan well and lead by example.
- Knowledge of databases (both SQL and NoSQL).
- Experience with our technology stack: TypeScript and Rust.
What's it like to work at Prisma?
You're likely to be a great fit for the team if you ...
- ... have an ownership mindset. As an Engineering Manager leading the ORM team, you'll have an outsized impact on decisions and the way things are executed.
- ... stay nimble. It's a startup, things change and you are ok with that. Be ready to re-calibrate often and stay flexible.
- ... be kind and collaborative. Come in ready to share your ideas and listen to feedback.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
Get Insured through mTek Services
You can explore medical and personal accident insurance covers conveniently. Compare pricing from various insurance companies, save, and budgetGet Insured