Senior Information and Knowledge Management Assistant
Marketing & Communications
Bachelors Degree in Communications, International Relations/Diplomacy, or a related field from a University recognized in Kenya
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:3 years
Duties and Responsibilities
- Reporting to the Director, Climate Change and working under the guidance and supervision of the Deputy Director, Climate Change Adaptation, the Senior Information and Knowledge Management Assistant will assist in carrying out the following tasks:
- Overall Coordination and Organization of project related meetings;
- Coordination of stakeholders at all levels – including, National, County, Community, Development Partners and Private Sector;
- Overall project Information and Knowledge Management;
- Timely drafting of required concept notes, reports, briefs and talking points;
- Planning and Management of events/conferences;
- Communication and exchange/sharing of information and knowledge with target groups;
- Preparation of work plans and coordination of activities with the office of the Director Climate Change; and
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the Director from time to time.
- Applicants must possess the following, in order to be considered for appointment to the position:
- Bachelors Degree in Communications, International Relations/Diplomacy, or a related field from a University recognized in Kenya; and
- Master’s Degree in any of the above, or a related field from a University recognized in Kenya.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in communication and/or knowledge management, out which three (3) years must have been in the following areas:
- Research, Data Collection, and Analysis and Report Writing; and
- Minimum of three (3) years’ proven experience in working with State and Non-State Actors.
- Good understanding of the national climate change institutional framework; and
- Strong technical and policy background on the Kenya National Policy and Legal Instruments, UNFCCC and its Paris Agreement, NDC, NAP, NCCAP processes.
- In addition, he/she should demonstrate ability in the following:
- Work effectively with a wide range of stakeholders across various sectors at all levels;
- Excellent managerial / supervisory Skills;
- Excellent drafting, presentation and report writing skills;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication Skills;
- Excellent computer application skills in common word processing (MS Word), Spreadsheet (MS Excel) and internet search;
- Excellent command of English and Kiswahili.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
Get Insured through mTek Services
You can explore medical and personal accident insurance covers conveniently. Compare pricing from various insurance companies, save, and budgetGet Insured